Chapter 8

{JACKSON'S POV}

I could feel it, the power coursing through my veins.  The wolfs bane that was in the room was dying and the effects were starting to wear off.  Add to that the fact that Blaze hasn't attacked me in what's felt like days.  I was healing.

I looked down at the once bloody gashes that were now pale pink lines on my skin.  They might not be healing at the normal rate just yet, but this was better than how slow it was before.  Maybe I wouldn't have to wait for Scott to come save my ass.  Maybe I wouldn't have to be the damsel in distress this time around.

I picked myself up off of the ground on shaky legs.  It had been forever since I had stood up.  I've been so hurt recently that standing up wasn't an option.  It was honestly amazing to be able to stand on my own two feet again.

I took a clearer look at my surroundings.  It was a silvered metal room, about 9 foot by 9 foot.  The menacing door stood tall in front of me with no handle on this side whatsoever.  I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I contemplated what to do.  I looked toward the ground for anything usable, but all there was, was dying wolfs bane and my crumpled jacket that was turning red with my blood.

I looked up at the door once again and considered trying to pry it open through the small crack with my claws and werewolf strength, but I decided against it.  It would be way too loud and would immediately alert Blaze to my escape, and I wasn't particularly up for a fight with him.  I may be getting my strength back, but I don't have that much back yet.

I was basically about to give up hope when something told me to look up.  I cast my gaze upward and sure enough there was a vent just big enough for my body to fit through.  I pursed my lips as I thought about how to go about this.  I could jump up there and tear it from the wall quick, but the only question is can I do it softly.  I looked around for other escape options but there seemed to be none.  I bit my lip, it's worth a shot.

I crouched right below the air vent building up my jump.  I calculated the height I would have to jump from the ground, and then I was flying upward.  I reached the gate and grasped it with my fingers right as I began falling back down and it tore out of the wall with a big ripping noise and fell with me.  I tried to keep my hands on it but it slipped from them and clattered to the floor, quite loudly might I add.

I flinched at the noise and paused to listen for noise.  There seemed to be none until suddenly I heard footsteps and then rattling of the lock outside of my door.  Panicked, I jumped feverously toward the vent and hand just grabbed the edge when a pair of strong hands grabbed my ankles and pulled me back down.  I was preparing myself for the pain of hitting the steel floor, but it never came....

{SCOTT'S POV}

"Where the hell is it, I feel like we have searched this place twenty times over" I complained anxiously, at this rate we were never going to find Jackson.

"Just be patient Scott, we'll find it eventually" Luke sighed.  I felt a bit annoyed, but soon realized that that was how he was feeling, not me.  This telepathy thing is going to get so confusing.

"We don't have forever Luke, we have to find him now" I snapped and he just sighed.  He kept his stride as we made our way around the town a second time until he just abruptly stopped dead in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" I quizzed, concerned about why he would stop so fast.

"I know where it is, I know where he's being held" Luke exclaimed in excitement.

"Well spill it!  Where is he being held!?" I chanted.  He looked around before turning to me and grabbing my wrist in a tight grip.

"Just follow me" he ordered as he dragged me off into the thick woods to our left.  We continued on for what felt like centuries but in reality it was only a few minutes.  It was then that we reached a small ranch house in the middle of the woods.

"Does everything have to follow the creepy stereo type of being in the middle of the spooky freaking woods?" I groaned as I looked it over.  It's a bit hard to believe that Jackson was being held in there, it was so small and looked like it could be clown over by just my breath alone.

"It seems so" he shrugged.

"How are you even so sure that Jackson is in there, it seems way to small" I commented.

"There are a series of tunnels underneath this that expand throughout the whole forest area" Luke shrugged "it used to be a home for werewolves with no place to go.  It was abandoned years ago.... I used to live here..... all I'm saying is that it would be the perfect place to hold a secret base."  I gave him a suspicious look, but decided to drop it.

I followed Luke into the small place and he walked directly over to the corner of what seemed to be a living room.  He kneeled down and peeled back a section of the carpeting to reveal a trap door.

"Wow, that is really well hidden.  I honestly wouldn't have guessed that that was here" I gasped.

"Well that's kind of the point of a trap door now isn't it" he smirked "now remember, once we go down there we only want to talk mentally.  We don't want to risk being caught by blaze.  We'll do our best to avoid any fighting."  I nodded and with no further instruction, he lifted the trap door.

There were a set of long spiraling stairs underneath that seemed to go pretty far down.  Luke started down them first and I followed closing the trap door behind me.  The place was already lit up pretty well and within a minute or two we were at the bottom of the stairs.

"Alright, there were some rooms down this way a ways" Luke commented in my head as I followed him to the left.  He continued to give me directions in my head and they soon became a lull in the back of my mind.  Left, right, left, right, left.

"STOP!" Luke shouted in alarm inside of my head "It seems as though Blaze has a pet."  I leaned around Luke and peeked around the corner to see a bored looking guy that looked about 15 standing in the hall to the right.  By the look of his muscles I could tell he was a werewolf.

"Is there any other path we can take?" I quizzed but suddenly Luke was running with light feel across the gap between our hall and the hall across from us.  I looked at him with wide eyes and he just shot me a warning look.

"Just wait for my signal" he informed me and I stood there awaiting his signal.  Before too long he was waving me over and I hurried across the gap over to him.  We both let out a relieved breath before continuing on.

We were about to turn right down the next hall quite a ways from the 15 year old when a loud rip and a  crash sounded from a door close by.  I looked over to Luke and he matched my look of wide eyes.  With a silent agreement we went running down the hall toward the door and began messing with the lock.

We pulled the door to the room open and on instinct I reached forward grabbing the guy hanging from the air vent by the ankles and he began falling backward.  I caught him and my heart soared at the sight of his face.  It was Jackson...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is chapter 8 guys!  This may seem like the end of the drama, but the drama is just beginning.  There is a lot more to come.... hahaha ^_^