Chapter 17

{SCOTT'S POV}

I woke up at around 9 in the morning to the sound of the shower running down the hall.  It had been a week since the party, a week since Luke's confession and to be honest, I didn't feel any differently.  I still stood by what I said.

I yawned as I stood up and walked over to my dresser.  I pulled on a pair of loose jeans over my boxers and slid a plain white shirt  over my bare  torso.  I looked in the mirror, running my hands through my thick hair a few times before leaving my room and heading downstairs.  I was staying with mom until I could find a decent apartment for the little money I had saved up.  Jackson and I were planning on moving in together in an apartment so that would help with the cost a bit, adding to that I'd get to spend a lot more time with him.

I skipped into  the kitchen to find my mom already scrambling up some eggs on the stove top and sipping her creamy coffee.  I let out a small yawn as I walked over to the fridge, grabbing up the jug of orange juice, and drinking in strait from the container.

"Honestly Scott, there's this thing called a cup" my mom scolded with a fun lightness to her voice.  It was hard to put her in a bad mood these days, ever since Luke had moved in that is.  She excepted him into the house and into her heart with open arms.  She was letting him stay with us in the guest room until he had the funds to go out and get himself an apartment.

"Yeah, but where would the fun be in that" I smirked as I slid the juice back into the fridge and she handed me a plate of eggs "thanks mom."  I stood up at the counter instead of sitting at the table so I could continue talking to her.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you" she beamed "Jackson called a few minutes ago.  He said to tell you to be ready, and that he'll be over soon to pick you up."

"Pick me up?" I quizzed "where's he taking me?"  I had no problem with Jackson picking me up, I was just curious as to why Jackson hadn't told me he wanted to hang out today prior to this morning.

"I don't know, I'm not a mind reader Scott" she chuckled "I'm sure he just wants to spend some time with you.  You did spend an awful lot of time apart."

"I know" I smiled "It's been nice hanging out with him this past week."  I turned my head when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, to see Luke making his way over to us.

"Hey Scott, hey mom" he greeted "mmm, smells delicious."  I rolled my eyes at how he's always so chipper in the morning.  He's never been grumpy once since he's been here.

"Morning Hun" mom smiled as she handed him a plate.  He smiled as he brought it over and stood next to me, forking it down.

"Morning Sunshine and rainbows" I joked "what's got you in such a good mood this morning?"

"Actually, a lot of things" he smiled "but more so one thing in particular.  Sammy says she's gonna move to Beacon Hills."  I smiled at him as I took another bite of my eggs.

"So are you finally going to letting her in, or are you going to keep holding her at a distance?" I quizzed with a slightly cheeky tone and he just shot me a small glare.

"As much as I should scold him for the bluntness, he's kind of right sweetie" Mom cut in "how can you expect to be happy if you keep holding her at arms length?"  He just let out a deep frustrated sigh as he set down his fork.

"I don't know" he groaned "I don't want her to get hurt if I suddenly find my mate one day."  I just pursed my lips at him.

"Maybe she is your mate, but your wolf is just to stupid to realize it" I offered and he just raised an eyebrow at me and gave me that look that almost said 'really?'