Chapter 7

{LUKE'S POV}

"So now that all the questioning is over, Scott, I'm going to need some of your blood seeing as how you have a link to him.  You are his mate so you share blood to an extent" She explained and Scott stuck his hand forward without hesitation.  It struck me at that point, how we may have some similarities, but we also have a few differences.

Scott was so eager to do whatever he could to help others, where as I was always looking for ways to look out for myself.  I was a loner where as from what I heard, he has many friends.  He has a mate... and I don't know.

I watched as Sammy slit down the center of Scott's palm and he winced in pain.  I would've felt bad about his blood shed if I hadn't seen so much of it in my life time.  I pushed away the thoughts before they could overwhelm me.  Sammy had Scott make a fist over a bottle so that a few drops fell in and then she mixed in a few other key ingredients, but I wasn't paying close attention to what they were.

She then pulled a map from her drawer and spread it on the table before all of us.  She carefully took the mixture containing Scott's blood and poured it slowly onto the map.  I watched with careful eyes as the mixture went from being a still puddle to moving into ring around Manchester England.  I perked up at that, Manchester was a neighboring city to this one.

"I just want to make sure that both of you know, this is going to be a dangerous venture" Sammy warned "Blaze is very dangerous."

"How do you know about Blaze?" Scott asked curiously.

"Lets just say that I have my sources" Sammy stated vaguely.

"Well I don't care how dangerous this is, I'm heading to Manchester right away.  The quicker we find Jackson, the better" Scott stated firmly and I gave away a faint smile.

"Well to make it a bit easier I could evoke your twin sen-" she started and I quickly covered her mouth, knowing it would be better if Scott didn't know.  It would be better if Scott didn't know that I'm his screw up brother.

"Twin what?  What are you talking about?" Scott asked just a bit confused.

"Sammy can I talk to you in the hall for a second" I gritted out "Sorry, just give us a minute Scott."  I dragged Sammy into the hall after me and she gave me an annoyed look.

"What the hell was that about?!" Sammy demanded.

"You were just about to drop the bomb that we were twins" I snapped.

"He has a right to know who his brother is, or better yet that he even has a brother" she countered.  I sighed and my shoulders slumped.

"He wouldn't want a screw up brother like me" I muttered and she leaned forward brushing my cheek with gentle fingers.  She brought her lips to mine with an unnatural softness that I had become so used to.

"You are not a screw up Luke, why can't you just except that" she sighed, her breath fanning my face "besides, what could it hurt to finally belong somewhere.  To finally have family again after the whole thing with your father."  I tensed up as she brought up my father.

"I don't need family Sam, family only screws you over!" I snapped before turning on my heels, going outside to blow off some steam.  Just like I figured, she didn't follow, because she knew I needed to be alone....

{SAMMY'S POV}

I  watched with a sigh as Luke left, slamming the door behind him.  I knew he would stay around, he wouldn't just leave Scott here without saying anything.  He may say that he hates family because family screws you over, but I can tell he cares about Scott.  The bond between twins is almost unbreakable.