Chapter 14

{SCOTT'S POV}

I don't know what led me here after leaving Jackson's crying figure, but I found myself sitting in the back of a pub in London stirring my coke with a straw and occasionally sipping at it.  I couldn't get my mind off of the feeling I got when Jackson touched my arm.

It was a small glimpse of a feeling, a short lived one, but a feeling none the less.  I don't know why I keep thinking about it, it's not like I'm ever going to feel again at this rate.  I huffed out a sigh as I pushed my coke away from me and rested my head on the table.

"Well hey there stranger, I'm assuming the whole bringing back your emotions didn't work" came a familiar voice from beside my table "Jackson must be crushed."  I looked up from my position at the table to see none other than Sammy.  The one girl that linked my now non-existent emotions with Luke's.

"I'm assuming you had a part in that then" I murmured as I cast my glance out the window "If this is a second attempt to recover them, then your wasting your time."  She let out a small chuckle as she seated herself across from me.

"Wow, you're very negative and hopeless without your emotions.  Where did all that determination from the first time we met go?" she stated with a soft smile "and if you think I'm here to get all sentimental and beg for you to regain your feelings back, then you've got it all wrong."

"Oh is that so?" I sighed with a raised brow "because I find it very hard to believe that this is just a chance meeting."  She pursed her lips but they were quick to form another smile.

"You're observant, I'll give you that" she chuckled "so no, this isn't a chance meeting.  I just thought that maybe you needed someone with open ears to talk to."

"I don't see what there is to talk about" I shrugged as I pulled my coke back toward me and took a sip.  I caught a glittering sparkle of hope in her eyes before she spoke again.

"You want to know what I think?" she quizzed and I shrugged "I think you want your emotions back, but your just too scared in a sense."

"I'm not scared" I stated firmly "and besides, wouldn't I have to be able to feel in order to be scared?"

"Not necessarily, because my other thought is that your emotions haven't just disappeared into thin air" she offered "they are still there, just hanging right below the surface of your subconscious, and I never thought of you as the type to be too stubborn to see that."

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but they are actually gone" I mumbled, taking another sip of my coke.  She just gave a slight frown before speaking yet again.

"Think about it Scott, I know you want your emotions back.  I think you saw Jackson and you wanted to know how it felt before" she stated "you see the memories of you and him in your head.  You see yourself smiling and you hear yourself laughing, and you might not want to admit it, but you want to know how that feels again."

"Well I think your sadly mistaken" I huffed and went back to staring out the window.  I knew somewhere deep down that she was right, but I just didn't want to admit it.

"Maybe I am, maybe you are content for the moment" she sighed "but think about tomorrow.  Think about next week.  Think about next month.  Think about next year.  You're always going to be at a constant battle with yourself about your emotions Scott and you and I both know this is true."  I pursed my lips and focused my attention down on my half empty glass of Coke.

"Look" she stated defeated "I just thought I'd come and help you look inside yourself instead of looking at everything on the outside, but it obviously isn't working.  I probably shouldn't even have come."  She abruptly stood from the table and cast a small frown down and my hunched over figure.