Chapter Two

Skipping To Bootcamp

I sat in the large room full of hopefuls. We all performed for the judges and now we were awaiting the results. I really hope I got to go to the judges houses! I logged onto facebook and had a friend request.

"Friend request from Harry Styles" It read.

Oh right! The boy from auditions!

I accepted it and sent him a message. Maybe he was here.

He replied a couple minutes later.

"Hey! You at boot camp too?"

"Yeah, I actually am! Where're you sitting?" I replied

"A corner way in the back of the room. It'll be hard to miss me... I'm surrounded by a bunch of adults ha."

I got up and headed to the back corner. And there he was...he looked like a child sitting next to them.

"hey there!" he exclaimed.

"Hey! Nice to see you again" I smiled.

"You too. Nervous at all?" He asked.

"Yeah, are you?"

"Yeah...i think we'll be okay though" he grinned.

We sat next to each other and chatted for a bit, getting to know each other better. I learned he was originally from Cheshire but came here with his family a couple years back.

A crew worker with a bullhorn walked through the door asking me and a bunch of girls to follow him.

"that's my cue, hopefully I'll see you soon" I smiled.

"Later, good luck!" He smiled giving me a thumbs up.

I walked onstage shaking. I really wanted to get through.

"SARA HAMPTON." Simon called

I looked up from the floor and stepped up, all eyes on me.

"After lots of debating, we've come to a decision. Congratulations, you're through!" said LA.

I gasped and burst into tears. Thank God.

I decided it'd be okay to call my dad and let him in on the good news. I mean he couldn't be that busy, right?

"Hello?" He answered

"DAD! it's me Sara!" I exclaimed.

"Oh hey honey. Is this important because me and your mother are very of busy" he said.

"oh well um, I made it through on x factor." I sighed. Of course.

"That's great sweetie. Well I must get going, nice talking to you." he said and hung up.

I sighed and slid down the wall. Seriously? Not even a minute to congratulate me.

Just then I heard the door open. I saw Harry walk through, looking really sad. He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug and started crying on my shoulder.

"Harry? Are you okay?" I asked.

He sniffled. "I didn't make it." he said sadly.

I pulled away, shocked.

"How could you not make it?!" I exclaimed.

He sighed. "I don't know. I'll be right back, gotta call my mom."

I sighed. Harry was really amazing.

We all headed back to the houses. I finished packing so I decided to go help Harry.

A guy came bursting through the door. "Harry! Some guy wants you to go back to the stage. The judges want you!" he said.

Harry looked at me with worry in his eyes. He ran through the door with me following behind.

I watched on the TV backstage along with a few others.

"Hello everyone!" Nicole smiled

"We know you're pretty confused as to why you're here right now but we actually have great news." said Paula.

"We feel you're all far too talented to let go." said LA.

"That's why we formed a new girl group and boy group. Congrats!" said Simon.

Harry and four other boys hugged each other and ran backstage.

Harry attacked me with a hug and spun me around. The other boys stood there smiling widely.

"Hey! I'm Sara, congrats guys!"

"Hi! I'm Louis!" said the tall one with blue eyes.

"Liam!" said the one with side swept hair

"Zayn." said another. He seemed really shy, but I could see us being friends.

"Niall." said the last one. He was Irish, you could tell by his accent.

We all walked back to the houses where contestants stay.

"ALRIGHT! I need to get a picture of you five!" I said cutting him off

They got in a little huddle and smiled.

"CHEESE!" they exclaimed.

This was going to be an interesting time.