Chapter Seven: Lucy's Confession and Moving in with Jo

Chapter Seven: Now What?

"Harsh words coming from the father." I spat angrily as I marched out of the apartment, slamming the door behind me. Camille, Jo, and Lucy jumped in surprise when I stormed past them. "James," Lucy said in a flirtatious tone as she grabbed my arm. I shook her off as I stepped into the elevator. "Leave me alone." I hissed, my voice cracking. Tears were building up in my eyes, making my vision blurry. As much as I hated the fact that I was now so near to tears, especially in front of girls, when barely five seconds ago I was super pissed, I knew it was pointless fighting.

"Hey, hey." Jo and Camille said simultaneously in soothing voices as they and Lucy stepped into the elevator with me. "What's the matter?" Camille wrapped her arms around my abodemn and gave me a gentle squeeze. I winced slightly as she applied pressure to my stomach. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling slightly better as she hugged, though a tad sick. Suddenly my child moved inside me and Camille jumped away with a loud gasp.

"J-j-James! I seriously just felt something move inside you!" She squeaked, her eyes wide. Now all three girls were staring at me with a mixture of surprise, curiosity, and concern in their eyes. "Yeah, must not have liked being squished." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my head nervously. "What was that?!" Camille asked, her eyes as big as dinner plates. I sighed, trying to think of an easy way to say this.

"James," Jo said firmly though calmly. "I'm taking you to the hospital." A radish hue ran over eyes, making her look much like the woman who turned me. Funny how only a change of clothes and eye color could make her look almost exactly like Josephine. Lucy and Camille nodded their heads in agreement. I guess telling them I'm pregnant will have to wait til later.

Three hours later....

"You're PREGNANT!" Camille and Lucy squealed in what can only be described as utter delight as they watched the fuzzy black and white image on the screen. I nodded, wincing as I moved my head away from the overly excited pair. Jo, however, was dead silent and was giving me a glare much like Logan's death glare but a thousand times more scary. Dr. Harvard chuckled, giving me a soft smile. "This actually quiet rare. I've only heard of 3 males in medical history who were able to do this. It appears that you're about two or three months along." She said as she moved the sensor thingy over my stomach.

"Three months?" I said with a laugh as I tried to sit up. "The first and only time I've slept with a guy was three weeks ago. Not three months ago." I explained, shaking my head. Dr. Harvard raised an eyebrow. "Well, the fetus is very developed for three weeks." She pursed her lips together in a thoughtful manner while Lucy and Camille bombarded me with questions, wanting to know every dirty detail of that night. Somebody has been reading WAY too many bromances. "If the growth rate continues like this, it could cause problems." Dr. Harvard finally spoke up, her voice soft. "It could end up killing you." Her eyes met mine and I could the worry behind them as well as something very familiar that I couldn't quite place. "But from what I can tell, your body is adjusting splendidly to the abnormally fast growth rate and shouldn't be a problem."

In an instant the worry was gone and she moved her head to look at the monitor. "I'm guessing from what you said earlier that this is your first child?" I nodded, trying my best to tune out Fan-Girls 1 and 2. "Alright. The baby's healthy and developing properly." She turned off the monitor and wiped the gel off my stomach with a piece of paper towel. "Follow me and I'll give you a list of common symptoms that go along with pregnancy and a list of vitamins you'll need to take." Vitamins equals medicine equals YUCK! I pulled my shirt back over my stomach, sat up, and hopped off the table before reluctantly following Jo, Lucy, and Camille. Lucy stayed behind with me, a Cheshire Cat grin on her face.

"Why do I get the feeling this is why you didn't go out with me?" I questioned, shoving my hands in my pockets. "Yeah... About that. I kinda wanted you to get with Kendall even before I started reading the bromance fan-fics. Camille showed me one really sweet one a few months ago and I got hooked." A nervous bashful smile replaced the Cheshire Cat grin as a pink tint took over her cheeks. "I guess I was right." I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "About you and Kendall. About Kames being real." It was quiet after that while Dr. Harvard handed me the papers which I skimmed over, noticing a few that I had already been experiencing such as morning sickness. The way she said symptoms of pregnancy made it seem like a contagious disease.

"So how did Kendall react?" I raised an eyebrow as I stopped walking. We were standing outside the hospital and this was the first time Jo had said anything. "What?" Jo sighed as if she were frustrated with trying to teach a stubborn child. "How did Kendall react when you told him you were pregnant with his child?" I blinked a few times as what she asked settled in. I had to admit I was being slow even for me. Once I remembered, tears stung my eyes. "Not well." I mumbled, using my sleeve to wipe the tears away. Jo took my hand as we walked to her car. I got in the passenger seat and put my face in my hands. I tried to say more, tried to explain how he reacted, but all that came out was a strangled sob as his words started to replay in my head. I felt arms wrap around me, enveloping me in a welcome warmth.

Within seconds I was crying harder then I've ever cried before. Something about Kendall rejecting me and his child made me feel like my heart had been torn from my chest and completely destroyed. Maybe it had something to do with him being my mate but since I didn't know of any other vampires that could help me, I was stuck. Lucy started humming as she stroked my hair. Normally I would have shaken her hand off my head but right now I didn't care and plus it helped calm me down. Soon I had cried out all my tears and felt exhausted. "Jo," I said, my voice cracking.

"Yes, James." She hummed. All three girls had worried expressions on their faces. "Can I stay with you for a little bit? I don't think the guys will let me back in the apartment." She nodded and the girls climbed in the car. I closed the door and buckled myself in. The car started with a loud roar before settling on a low rumbling purr as we pulled out of the parking space. I leaned my head up against the cool glass window. I half heard Jo, Lucy, and Camille talking about beating Kendall, Logan, and Carlos to a black and blue bloody pulp for being mean to me.

"Logan and Carlos just laughed until Mrs. K told them to shut it." I mumbled sleepily. "We're still gonna kill them for not standing up for you." Camille grumbled. Out of curiosity, I decided to read her thoughts and immediately regretted it when I got a dark bloody image. Who knew Camille could be capable of such horrifying thoughts. I shook my head, effectively removing myself from her mind and kicking the image out of my head. I leaned it back against the window as my head started throbbing. I winced as my baby moved, kicking me hard. For only three weeks old she was very strong. Well she is also a half- vampire. My baby. I liked the sound of that. I put my hand on my stomach, right where she kicked me.

"What do you think the baby is?" Camille asked, noticing my hand. "A girl. I have a feeling it's a girl." She nodded before whispering in Jo's ear. "Hey, James, how 'bout you stay with me until she's born? And us girls will help convince Gustavo to let you take a break from Big Time Rush." I groaned, remembering that one) I left my phone at 2J and two) Gustavo wanted us at the studio at five thirty today. "What's wrong?"

"What time is it?" Jo frowned glancing at the dashboard clock. "5:15. Why? Oh. Gustavo wanted you guys at the studio, didn't he?" I nodded. She grinned as she shared a mischievous look with Lucy and Camille. "We'll help tell Gustavo." Lucy smiled.

"That's if the guys haven't told him yet and I'm kicked out of the band." I grumbled as Jo turned for Roque Records. This is not going to end well.

----------------------------------------

I'm sorry! I couldn't wait any longer!!!!