Chapter Three: The Dream

James' PoV

' The room was dark. An old time-y oil lamp sat on a nightstand beside the old velvet red couch I was sitting on, my legs curled up. My right arm was on the back of the couch and my head rested on my hand while I softly stroked my swollen stomach. I should have been scared and freaked out but instead I felt calm and peaceful like it was an every day thing.

My gaze drifted around the room. It was old. The walls were dark brown and the furniture was much like the couch. A bookshelf full of old books and knick-knacks sat between two large chairs. There was a large fireplace in which a glowing fire burned, with two wolf-looking statues on either side. An old grandfather clock sat beside a door. The whole room reminded me of my father's study when I was human. "How are you feeling, James?" My head whipped up at the sound of my name, only to see Kendall sitting in one of the chairs, smiling at me.

"Okay, I think." My gaze shifted to my stomach when something inside kicked me. I rubbed the spot were I was kicked and it happened again. "She's getting stronger." Kendall mused. I looked back up at him, a frown appearing on my face. "She?" I asked, brushing my bangs out of my face. "Our daughter. Our little miracle." Kendall explained, chuckling as he leaned back into the chair. Only now did I realize that his clothes were from the 1700s before the Revolutionary War. I glanced down at my stomach, raising an eyebrow. Suddenly it all came back to me and I looked up at him. Except it was no longer Kendall sitting in the chair but my father. "Father?" I asked, sitting up but his strong hands pushed me back into the couch.

"Yes, James, it's me. You need to rest." He smiled, the firelight revealing horrid looking burns on the side of his face and his right eye was white. "But you're dead?" I said but it came out as more of a question then a statement. "Yes, I am. But you need me to guide you right now." He smiled, patting my hair like he did when I was a boy. "This is a dream, isn't it?" I asked, putting my hair back in place. Father chuckled as he watched me. "Still obsessed with your hair after all these years?"

He laughed heartily as he sat back into the chair. Suddenly Mother was in the other chair, sewing up an old white shirt and Katrina sat playing with a corn husk doll on the rug. My swollen stomach was gone and in my lap sat a fat calico cat. My free hand now had a book in it. The whole scene was like how we often spent the cold winter nights. Heavy rain fell, thundering against the roof. I heard the frantic neighing of horses from the barn. Father told me to check on the horses and take the gun with me. My body acted automatically, setting the cat on the floor and standing up. No! No! No! I suddenly realized this was no longer a dream, but a memory.

Grabbing the gun from its hooks, I pulled my jacket on and my boots before opening the thick wooden door and stepping into the rain. The grass squished beneath my feet as I sprinted toward the barn. I slowed as I neared the entrance, hearing voices murmuring and the door was wide open. I snuck to the door and peeked inside. A man and a blonde woman were inside arguing. Three horses were dead, including my prized Kendall, but there was no blood on the ground. I could see the man's back and the woman's face. Her eyes were blood red and her skin was pale white. She wore a black and red dress with a black lace choker, solid black gloves, and black boots with 1-in heels. A sheer black veil covered half of her face. "Jett, no! Leave the humans alone. They're not bothering us, so leave them be!" She growled, baring her pearly white teeth at the man.

"I don't care! I'm done feeding on horses and animals! I'm going to kill me a human." He snarled back marching out of the barn. I slunk back into the shadows and prayed that he wouldn't see me. "How ill educated can you get, Jett? 'Kill me a human'?" The woman shrieked, stopping her foot as she spun around. She marched right up to one of the horses and grabbed its neck, pinning it to the ground. By then, I had snuck into the barn and watched in horror as she bit into the horse's neck. The horse slowly stopped struggling and the life fled from its dark eyes. She say up, sighing before getting to her feet and turning around. A gasp left my lips when I saw blood trailing down her chin. She gasped as well, scrambling to wipe the mouth. "Hello, young man. What's your name?" she smiled seductively, her eyes turning black.

"James Diamond, ma'am." I said, swallowing my fear. Smile still on her face, she stepped closer to me, the hem of her dress brushing the straw covered flood. I impulsively stepped back, wary of this mysterious and unusual woman. She chuckled, her black eyes sparkling. "I'm not going to hurt you, James." she purred, placing her hand on my chest and pushing me back into an empty hay-filled stall. "How much did you see?" she questioned, straddling my hips. Don't answer that! Oh god, please don't answer that! I silently begged but knew it was no use. This was a memory and would go on as it did that horrible night.

"I saw enough." I growled, trying to push her off me. The look on her face as I pushed her off was a mixture of anger, horror, and confusion. "Well, then, James. I really hate to do this to do. You're so good looking. But," she paused, slamming me back down into the hay. "I'm afraid I can't let you live after what you've seen. Sorry, pretty boy." She leaned over me, peppering my neck with kisses before a sharp pain shot through me as she bit me. A scream reached my ears but I realized it wasn't mine but my mother's. It was starting to be to much for me to handle anymore. Suddenly I felt as if something slapped me on the cheek and the dream began to fade away as a familiar voice reached my ears.'

"Wake up! Wake up! Oh, fuck it." the voice growled as I was slapped again. My eyes fell open and I bolted upright, breathing heavily. My head collide with someone, making them groan and curse as they stumbled backward. I blinked a few times, only to find Logan leaning up against the wall, holding his nose, blood spurting between his fingers. "Thanks a ton, James!" he hissed, sitting up. Before I could stop myself, I was in front of him holding his wrist in an iron grip. I could feel my fangs beginning to grow but kept my mouth shut. "Whoa dude, your eyes are like pitch black. Umm, mind letting my wrist go? I'd like to clean myself up." Summoning all the self-control I could muster, I released his wrist, letting my hand fall to my sides.

"Hey, you mind putting some boxers on or something? 'Cause it's a little awkward you standing there naked." He mumbled, slipping out the door. I frowned before my eyes widened in horror as the dream and what happened last night came back to me. I scrambled to get dressed. "I'm gonna need a shower." I winced. I had just put my boxers and jeans on when I realized that I had semen covering my chest and stomach. I yanked my shirt on anyways, not wanting to leave the room uncovered.

My eyes skimmed over the room, noticing two things. 1) Kendall's bed was still made and untouched meaning we did it on Logan's. No wonder he's pissed. And, more importantly, 2) Kendall looked adorable when he was asleep. Crossing my fingers that he didn't remember, I exited the room and headed for the bathroom before remembering Logan was cleaning up his nose.

The smell of fresh blood filled my nose but unlike earlier, it made my stomach churn queasily and I felt like puking. What is wrong with me? I wondered, before deciding to ignore the queasiness in my stomach and go about my day like nothing happened between me and Kendall last night. I sighed. This was gonna be a LONG day.