five

calum:

the flight was boring, i caught up on some sleep but for the most part i watched movies i downloaded on my laptop. but still my mind was elsewhere, specifically my mind was occupied by a certain blonde haired giant i'd left behind in australia. i thought back to the texts we'd exchanged right before i boarded the plane. i reach for my phone, re reading our conversation. even though it was short, the messages still brought a smile to my face. how was it that like had this topped of power over me? "who's got you smiling down at your phone like that?"

i look too my right at the lady who's sitting beside me. "a girlfriend?" she asks curiously, "or a boyfriend if you doing that way?" i chuckle awkwardly, pocketing my phone again. "no just a friend," i tell her, why we strangers so interested in my love life all of a sudden? first the can drive and more this woman? "a special friend?" she presses, wiggling her eyebrows. i realize im never going to get her to stop questioning me, do i decide to give her what she wants. "yeah, something like that," i tell her. she giggles and i cant help but wonder if butting into strangers love lives (not like luke was apart of my love life) is the only love action she gets.

she giggles, patting my arm, "good luck with that dearie, im sure she or he is lovely!" okay this woman is seriously close to crossing the line now. "oh yes," i say trying to be nice, but she's really trying me now, "he is just great!" the lady giggles again before returning to her novel, i cant help but glance at the cover: two men exaggeratedly painted with giant muscles standing beside a woman with unnaturally big breasts. okay then. 'this was gonna be a long flight.' i think, but why do strangers keep thinking luke and i are in a relationship? luke isn't here right now but it seemed obvious to this lady that we were together, just by the way i smiled at his texts... i shrug it off and continue watching the few episodes of new girl that i downloaded.

» little time skip bc who wants to read about a 23 hour flight «

twenty three long hours later i flop onto a hotel bed in london (i have plans to move into an apartment soon), im tired and hungry and extremely jet lagged. blindly i reach for my phone to call luke, laughing at the contact photo i have for him. it's a mirror selfie we took as teens. our hair was awful. he answers after three things. "hello?" my heart beats a little faster upon hearing his voice. "hey lucas, so i just arrived at my hotel," i tell him.
"and your all in one piece, you're okay?" he asks me genuinely concerned. i roll my eyes, i swear he's worse than my mum. "yes, im fine," i say putting extra emphasis on the word fine, "im sooo tired though, it's like midnight here, what time is it there?" i was not prepared for luke's screaming that would soon follow my previous statement.
"cALUM!!" he shouts, "GO TO SLEEP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING CALLING ME?"
i groan rubbing my head, "lukeeee don't yell, im just checking in with you chill," i say.
"i don't need to chill," he huffs, "but you need to sleep!"
"alright mom, jeez," i say, "ill call you tomorrow okay luke?"
"cal, im nine hours ahead of you," luke explains, "time zones."
"yeah luke im aware of the time differences," i say sarcastically, "but if i call you, even if it's like 4 am, i expect you to answer." luke laughs on th other end, "of course cal, get some sleep alright? sweet dreams," he says softly.
"yeah yeah, bye lucas," i mumble, very sleep deprived, "love you."
there's a pause, for a moment i don't thinks he's going to say it back. "love you to cal, talk later," luke replies before hanging up. i drop my phone onto my bed, smiling. i don't bother unpacking or changing, i drift to sleep, the sound of luke's voice still ringing in my ears.

❁❁❁

author's note: so i just survived my first day of high school! about 15 minutes in i was so done. i am completely drained right now ugh, i need a nap but i had to edit this chapter first. so this chapter is eh in my opinion but i hope you guys like it. does anyone even read my end author's notes? i know they're super lame so i don't blame you. so my main concern about high school right now is whether or not teachers will take off points for my lack of capitalization and periods and extensive use of commas, (comma after the comma) wish me luck haha.

q: one place you wanna travel to the most and why?
a: 100% london bc the scenery and the rain and the british youtubers... but like the museums and stuff ugh want it. tbh i wanna travel everywhere! (desperately searching for a travel buddy, who's in?)

much much love and thankssss for reading!