7 Minutes In Heaven! (Naruto Style) -Shikamaru

“Come on, ______-Chan. Don’t be lazy.” Naruto begged.

“I’m not lazy. Everything just requires too much effort.” You answered flatly as Naruto walked you home. 

Lazy. You hated that word. It was true, everything did require too much effort. So anything that required more effort than it was worth, didn’t get done. That was just how you were.

“Then prove it. I’m having a party tonight, starting at 8:30, and you better be there.” Naruto smirked.

“Fine.” You returned the smirk and shut the door in Naruto’s face.

And there you were, at the party. You were late by about a half hour, but heck, you were still there. It seemed that you had walked in on some sort of game as everyone was sat down on sofa’s and cushions.

You barely got time to sit down before Naruto raced over to you with a black hat in his grip. “You finally made it did you, ______. Since you’re late, you can go first.”

You raised a brow at Naruto. “So what’s with the hat?” 

Naruto gave you a toothy grin, “We’re playing seven minutes in heaven. So, choose a card from the hat and then go in to the closet.”

You sighed heavily before shoving you hand in the hat and pulling out a dark brown card with a terribly drawn Shogi piece drawn on to it. You analyzed it and you knew exactly who you had. There was only one person who’d draw that on their card. 

Naruto took the card from you as you walked in to the closet and closed the door behind you leaving you in complete darkness.

You sighed and sat crossed legged on the floor at the back of closet. The door opened and then closed soon after.

“Hey, Nebosuke.” (literally means sleepy head)

Shikamaru sighed, “I told you to stop calling me that. This is enough of a pain with out you making it worse. How did you know it was me?”

You scoffed, “Come on, do I come across as stupid to you? You’re the only person I know that would put a shogi piece on their card!” You exclaimed.

“Whatever. So how are we going to make this kiss work? Judged on the circumstances and our conversation that had nothing to do with flirting or the game, the kiss would be awkward and would make our friendship awkward.” 

You smiled to yourself. That guy was always thinking ahead. But it was times like these that thinking ahead wasn’t always the right thing. But you couldn’t think ahead at all. You suddenly began to feel nervous. Your cool laid back demeanour was beginning to diminish the more Shikamaru spoke to you.

“However. There’s a slight possibility it could go perfectly fine.”

Shikamaru was now directly in front of you, you couldn’t see him, but you could definitely feel his body heat against your freezing skin. “What do you think, _____?” He asked smugly.

“W-well, it’s a possibility.”

“Lets test out my theory.” 

Before you knew what was happening, Shikamaru’s lips were already against yours. He was kissing you, and miraculously, you were kissing back. You could feel your confidence returning as you raised a hand to untie Shika’s hair tie. You smirked in to the kiss as you entangled your hands in to his dark brown hair.

The door flew open just as the kiss ended.

“So you have the energy to be making out, but not to help me play shogi?” Naruto exclaimed. 

You laughed and ruffled his hair on your way out. As you were about to sit down, Choji gave Shikamaru a high five.

“_____, as that kiss went just as planned. Wanna be my girl friend?”

“Of course I do, Nebosuke!”

He rolled his eyes and smirked before kissing you on forehead.