Immaturity Can Be Painful

Dedicated to my 37th fan!!!

..........................................................................................

Sue and John left shortly after the little episode with Marley. They both hugged and kissed me before telling me to keep an eye on their son. Lucas was too distracted to give them a proper goodbye. After Marley had shouted those abusive things at me Lucas wouldn’t stop hugging me and kissing my temple, my cheek, my hair. Right now we were cuddled up on the couch watching paranormal activity 2. 

Lucas was sprawled along the couch, his legs dangling off the arm because he was so tall. I was snuggled into his side with my back against pressed against the couch. My arm left arm and leg we draped over his body and he was drawing soothing patterns on my arm.

My head was resting against his chest and I listened to the steady beating of his heart. I could feet myself bobbing up and down in sync with his breathing. He used the arm behind my head to pull the Afghan off the back of the couch and draped it over our intertwined bodies. I was so content in this moment that I never wanted to have to move from this position.

I sighed blissfully and Lucas hugged me tighter. His left hand rested on my lower back sending tingles up my spine where there was exposed skin between my shirt and the waistband of my jeans.

After the movie concluded Lucas got up to turn the DVD player off. He turned back to me and stood before the sofa, waiting expectantly for me to get up and follow him upstairs. I yawned widely and reached my arms out to him insistently like a toddler. Lucas shook his head and laughed but scooped me up princess style and carried me upstairs to bed.

When he dropped me on the soft quilt I stuck my tongue at him before skipping in the bathroom to get changed. Lucas just gave me knowing look. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail for bed. It wasn’t until I looked around the bathroom and noticed I didn't have any clean pj’s when I broke the peaceful silence.

“Shit!” I muttered under my breath.

There was a light rapping on the door. “You ok in there Bambi?” He asked through the door.

“I don’t have any clean pj’s can I borrow some of yours?” The sound of shuffling feet told me he went to get me some clothes to sleep in. He came back and chucked the clothes at me.

“I’ll just wait for you in bed, I’m tired so I’ll probably fall asleep before you get out - which won’t be for another fifty years.” I chucked my hairbrush at him but he ducked behind the door with a chuckle, effectively dodging the blow.

I pulled on the white tee and decided to just sleep in my panties. When I shut off the light and crawled into bed. Lucas was already snoring. Sighing irritably I shoved him out of the way so I’d have room to snuggle in. Just as I was wriggling between the sheets he flipped over and began tickling me. I began giggling hysterically and gasping for hysterics.

“P-p-please! Lou! S-st-st-t-op!” I shrieked. He laughed and continued tickling me.

“Never!” He declared.

I began squirming and wriggling in an attempt to escape his tickle fest. “Lucas please!” I blurted. He pretended to consider this.

“Only if you say I’m the most amazing, attractive, talented best friend in the world and admit that I am so much better than you .”

I scowled at him. “No way, I could beat you any day.”

He resumed tickling me and I writhed on the bed still attempting to escape him. Unfortunately for me he sat on top of me straddling me so I couldn’t go anywhere. “You were saying?” He asked cockily.

“I was saying...” I took a deep breath. “THAT YOUR PENIS RESEMBLES A TOOTSIE ROLL!” 

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Right thats it, time to teach you a lesson young lady.” I screamed with laughter and his fingers flitted across my exposed stomach. In a last ditch effort for survival. I threw all my weight into rolling to the left. A move that sent me colliding with the floor - Lucas included. I didn’t skip a beat, I jumped up off the floor and sprinted down the stairs, shrieking like a crazy lady as I ran away from Lucas. He laughed and chased after me.

“You’ll never catch me alive!” I vowed.

But I was so busy gloating to Lucas that I wasn’t watching where I was going to I ran into the back of the settee which caused the wind to be knocked out of me as I did a Rollie poly forwards landing in a heap on the couch. Lucas stopped chasing me and was busy clutching his stomach as he cried with laughter.

His loud guffaws echoed throughout the empty house. I righted myself and glared at him over the back of the sofa. “You could’ve warned me you douche.”

“Nu-uh, you were the escapee. It’s not my job to warn you.” He wagged his finger at me.

I crossed my arms tightly over my chest, a sign I was sulking. He grinned at me on came over to stand behind the couch. “Aw come on Ambs, don’t be like that.” I turned my face away from him. I heard him let out an exasperated sigh behind me.

Good. I thought. That’ll teach him to mess with-

“Lucas. Let. Me. GO!” I yelled.

He laughed and threw me over his shoulder. He smacked my butt. “No can do buddy,”

I grumbled profanities under my breath as he carried me back up to my bedroom. He let go of me causing me to flop on my bed with an audibly “Omph.”

He chuckled my at my expression and waved me over. When I stubbornly refused to move he pushed me over to the side and climbed in. When I still sat cross legged, straight backed with my arms folded across my chest he sighed and grabbed me by the waist.

“Hey!” I protested.

“Well, come here and stop being a baby.”

I rolled my eyes at him but did as I was told. I snuggled into his waiting arms and rested my head on his chest. He went to hug me closer but I hissed in pain.

“What is it? What’s wrong?” He asked frantically.

“It’s my damn stomach,” I said in way of explanation.

He tried to cover up his giggles as I inspected the wound. Yep. That was definitely going to bruise in the morning.