Meet the Parents

Dedicated to my 44th fan!!!

……………………………………………………………………………………

Sue and John left after the interview ended. Marley never came back on camera. Lucas seemed to have won most of the audience over by the time he shook hands with the presenter. I was so proud of him.

I was sat in the lounge; the only light came from the flickering TV screen as I sat in complete silence waiting for Luke to come home. It was a little past midnight when the front door finally creaked open stirring me from the nap I had been taking.

I looked over my shoulder to see Luke trying to sneak in quietly. I smirked as I watched his over exaggerate movements. The door clicked shut inaudibly and Lucas let out a sigh of relief.

“And what time do you call this Mr. Wolfe?” I said in a stern voice.

Lucas jumped, shooting a look in my direction. I nearly peed my pants at his expression. It looked like he’d literally crapped himself he looked that scared.

I started cackling uncontrollably with laughter. Lucas regained himself and let his face go blank. “That wasn’t very nice Miss Harvey.” He chastised.

I stuck my tongue out at him. “Whatcha gonna do about it?” I teased in a singsong voice. He smirked and flopped down next to me on the couch.

“Nothing yet, but watch your back Harvey. Karma’s a bitch.” I snorted and shoved him playfully.

“Come on Mr. Hero of the hour, let’s get you to bed.”

He wriggled his eyebrows at me playfully. “Is that a proposition for me?” I rolled my eyes at him and yanked him up.

“Come on horn dog, you’re sleeping on the floor tonight.”

 He laughed and slapped my ass. “That’s what you think,” he winked. I shook my head at him. God that boy could be intolerable sometimes.

***

I cried out as cool air nipped my skin. Lucas groaned beside me and tightened his arm around my waist, nuzzling my neck. I threw my arm over my face to shield myself from the blinding light of the early morning sun. Just as I was drifting back off to sleep something slapped my exposed stomach and I curled in on myself with a loud oomph! I cracked my eyelids open and nearly had a heart attack from what I saw.

Stood next to my bed was my mother. My absolutely gorgeous, absolutely furious mother. She loomed over the bed, a disapproving scowl on her face, her arms crossed over her chest and foot tapping angrily. Shit, when did she get home?

“Care to explain?” She asked, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

I frowned at her and she nodded to my stomach. I picked up the magazine and groaned when I saw the front page. 

LUCAS WOLFE’S SECRET FRIEND REVEALED!

Underneath the bright yellow headline was a fuzzy picture of Luke driving, me hunched over with a blanket on my head. This was taken from the night when we went to visit John and Sue.