Chapter 5

"I loved that part!" Kate exclaims.

"Ya, it was so hilarious!" Tristan agrees.

We are just walking out of the movie, and now heading towards the ice cream shop.

"What about you, Jade? What'd you think of the movie?" Asher asks me as he bumped my shoulder.

"I thought it was pretty good." I respond, but I'm distracted from the tingles that were now going through my shoulder.

"So, Jade, where are you from?" Brody asks me.

"I'm actually originally from here, but last year my dad and I moved to Salt Lake City."

"Why'd you move back?" Piper questions.

"My dad passed away."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." Piper apologizes and so do the rest of them.

"It's fine," I tell them, "I still have my brother."

"Who's your brother?" Asher asks.

"Charlie."

Asher looks confused, "What's his last name?"

I give a little laugh, "Same as mine - Morgan."

His eyes widen, and I give him a weird look. "Why? Do you know him?" I ask.

He gives a forced laugh and says, "A little bit."

"Where do you know him from?"

Asher doesn't know what to say so Tristan elaborates for him, "We've run into him a few times around town, he's pretty well-known."

"Huh, that's cool. I didn't know that he's well-known." I tell them. I can tell that they were keeping something from me, but I'm willing to respect their privacy and not pry. If they want to tell me, then they can do it when they want to.

We finally arrive at the ice cream shop, and I can tell that things are still tense, but they try their best to still be friendly.

Good job, Jade. You tell them your brother's name, and all of a sudden they don't like you anymore. I'm guessing that they will probably ignore me tomorrow and pretend that they didn't even talk to me. Way to lose the only friends that you made.

I order cookie dough ice cream along with Brody. Piper and Tristan order strawberry, and Asher and Kate order cookies and cream.

We sit down at a table and start eating ice cream. They're talking, but I'm too zoned out to notice. I decide that I should probably head home so things won't get anymore awkward.