Chapter 1

Walking down the halls, I wonder why I even came back here. This was the place of my torture, the place where I practically died. But I guess I have no choice in the matter, because I have to move in with my brother.

I used to live here when I was in middle school through my sophomore year, then my mom died of natural causes, and my dad couldn't stand living here anymore. He moved us all the way across the country, Salt Lake City, Utah to be exact. I knew he wouldn't last long though; my dad was getting more and more depressed each day. He tried to hold it out for me, but after the year was over, he killed himself.

So now I have to move back to Atlanta, Georgia during my senior year to live with my brother who just finished college and was able to get custody of me.

Sighing as I finally get to my locker, I grab my books for my first period.

So far no one has noticed me. I wonder what will happen if they do. I wonder if they will forget what happened in the past and try to be friends or if they will continue with what they started and show me that they didn't change.

As I walk to English, I keep my head down. I'm afraid that if they recognize me, it will be the latter. I don't want the bullying and tormenting to start again. I don't want those thoughts of cutting and suicide to creep back in my mind. I want to try to have a normal rest of high school. I just want to be treated like anybody else.

I slip inside the room and sit in the very back. I watch as people come through the door, trying to name those who I remember. But, surprisingly, I can only name about half of the people. It seems that in the year I was gone, our school was overrun by a bunch of newbies.

The teacher finally walks through the door, "Welcome back class. I'm sure you're excited about this being your senior year. Now, I know that you all were hoping for me to slack off and let you have a free day on your first day of school, but you must not know me. Today will be full of research and homework, so get out your books." Mr. Johnson, the history teacher. I see that his strictness hasn't changed.

We get out our books like he says, and after that it seems like an eternity before the bell rings.

I head back to my locker and get my books for Calculus. At least I know that Miss Davis won't give us an assignment on the first day.

I walk to the room and sit in the back again.

Once everyone is seated, Miss Davis tells us the expectations for the class and then lets us have a free day today, just like I thought.

I get a book out of my backpack and start reading. It's a romance novel. I'm kind of obsessed with them.

I'm just about to turn the page when someone taps my shoulder. I look over to find a guy watching me.

He's very hot, pretty much super model worthy, with his bright blue eyes and short, dirty blonde hair that falls to his ears.

"Hi, I'm Tristan." He holds out his hand.

I shake his hand and say, "I'm Jade."

"You new?" he asks.

I nod. Technically, I'm new this year.

"That's cool, want to sit with me and my buddies at lunch?"

I smile, "Sure, thanks."

"No problem."

Throughout the rest of the period we talk. I learn that he's one of the newbies that came last year while I was away. He had moved with lots of his relatives during the past spring. Also, I learn that he loves hanging out outside, his favorite color is blue, and his family always comes first.

After class, I go back to my locker and grab my books for Chemistry.

I'm having a pretty good day so far. Nobody has noticed me yet.

"Hey! New girl!" I turned around and my eyes widened. I spoke too soon.

There, standing a few feet away from me, was one of the main bullies of my sophomore year, Maddox.

"I know you." Please don't recognize me.

"Wait a minute, you're Jade Morgan, aren't you?" I nod as he slowly walks up to me. "Wow, you haven't changed a bit."

Then I'm slammed into the lockers, while he walks away laughing.

Oh, great.

This is a new story I'm trying out. Please comment and vote to tell me if I should keep going. =)