Chapter 8

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long... again... I had volleyball spring team and 2 jobs. The spring team's done, and as of today, school is done for me also! Granted, I still have the 2 jobs plus I mow for my grandma, but I will have loads more free time! I'm currently writing an outline for this story. I only have a few chapters done, but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer. I finally know where I'm going with this story! So I should have an update every 2 days, and if I don't, feel free to yell at me as a reminder =) I've also been editing past chapters and changing the tense from past to present, so let me know if you catch anything I miss! Thanks so much for holding out so long! Hope you like it!

After English class, I walk down the hallway to my locker.

All of a sudden, I'm shoved against the wall. All of the books fall from my hands, and an arm cuts off my air supply. Maddox pushes me against the wall harshly.

"You shouldn't have done what you did." He's whispering it, but it's as if he was yelling anyways. "You shouldn't have told him. You messed with the wrong person. You think you're all high and mighty because you have the Alpha on your side?" Maddox asks me.

I'm barely getting any breath, and just as it feels like I'm going to pass out, he loosens his hold just a bit so I can breathe.

"What do you mean by 'Alpha'?" My voice is scratchy.

He looks at me to see if I'm lying. He obviously thinks I know more than I do. He seems to realize I'm telling the truth.

"Wait, if you're not... then that means you're his..." A look of pure terror shows up on his face. He scrambles away from me as if I'm the plague. "Oh, god no."

All of a sudden, Asher tackles him from the side. Asher throws three hard, quick swings before Maddox is able to say anything.

Once he realizes the position he's in, Maddox says, "Alpha, I'm so sorry! I didn't know!"

Asher just glares at him. "You shouldn't have to know! You stilled harmed an innocent person!" He throws two more punches to knock him out.

Immediately, Asher gets up and rushes over to me. He looks me up and down and asks, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

I nod my head in response.

He seems to realize that I'm in shock from what happened.

"Are you afraid of me now?", he asks me.

I break out of my shock, "No! Of course not! You were protecting me!"

Asher smiles at what I say. He checks me for injuries one last time before the bell rings. The episode must have taken the entire English period.

He looks me in the eyes and says, "Be careful at work. Take it slow. I'll see you later."