Chapter 9

So, I'm a day late, but it's better than a month =P lol... This chapter is more of a filler, she's getting to know Piper and Asher a little more! Enjoy!

I hear the horrid, annoying beeping of my alarm and slowly pull myself out of bed. I get ready for the day and start walking to school.

Once at my locker, I grab my books for History class and sit in the back once I arrive at the classroom.

At the last second before the bell rings, Piper runs into the class and sits in the back next to me.

She's out of breath and must have been running pretty late.

She smiles and says, "I made it."

I laugh at that, "Just barely." Then I realize that I don't remember ever seeing her in my History class before. "Since when have you been in this class?"

"The principal moved around some of the classes because some teachers are leaving." She tells me.

"Oh, none of my classes must have been affected."

Mr. Johnson then turns around and starts teaching.

"Today, we are going to start learning about the Amendments..."

"Can you believe his haircut?" Piper whispers to me. "It's so ugly."

I quietly laugh, "And his beard too! He needs to shave it!"

"I bet his feet look as bad as his beard."

"I bet he's a hobbit in disguise." We both can barely hold in our laughter.

Once we calm down, Piper mentions, "So, you're a hobbit fan?"

"Absolutely!" I whisper enthusiastically.

"Are you a bigger fan of the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings?" She asks.

"Definitely the Hobbit."

"How can you even say that?" She looks at me like I just chose a blanket over world peace.

"The Lord of the Rings gets really boring, and the third movie gets kind of weird." I tell her. "The Hobbit is a lot more interesting."

"Ok, I kind of get that. But the Lord of the Rings has a much better story to it!"

"The Hobbit is the background story to the Lord of the Rings, so that automatically makes it have a better story. Especially since it was made after the Lord of the Rings."

"The Lord of the Rings are classics, though." She tries to convince me.