#19 - The Body Whisperer

Psycho #19 - Body Whisperer -

-

A Tale of Paranoid Schizophrenia:

Refers to a subtype of schizophrenia where delusions and/or auditory hallucinations are present, but the individual retains thought order and organized behavior. Schizophrenia in itself is characterized as having false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and/or emotional expression, and lack of motivation. 

-

"We love the bodies." said one light spoken boy. He was always a bit morbid, despite how young he sounded.

"DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" squealed a girl, who usually was a bit to curious for our own good.

"Hey, are you going to eat that?" asked a rather deep, husky male voice. He was mostly concerned with food, no matter what we were doing.

I worked in the morgue. Most people considered my job to be a lonely one, but it suited me just fine. I'd been plagued with voices my entire life and labled a schizophrenic. Though down here they were not an intrusion to my day to day life, but rather pleasant company. I imagined them as the silent corpses I cared for.

After a long debate within my mind, they began taking on different personalities the bodies may have had when they were alive. In return, I agreed to stop taking the medication that silenced them. The arrangement was taxing at times, but it was better than the alternative. I hated the long hours of perfect silence.

"I love cats!" declared the girl.

"World Domination!" yelled the boy.

"That sandwich there. Are we eating that?" asked the continuously hungry male.

Well most of the time I hated the silence. Sometimes they were just fucking annoying, and I would find myself wishing for a moment of peaceful quiet to escape their random outbursts.

"SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!" I yelled through the room, the words echoing off the metal walls.

My head was filled with giggles and stifled laughter as I approached the woman on the smooth grey table. She looked peaceful in her death, and I began wondering who she might have been in life.

"This one." I said to the voices in my head.

"Cupcakes are delicious!" the deep males voice replied.

"Stop it! I'm on a diet!" demanded the girl.

"Run fatty, run!" the boy teased while chuckling.

I stood above the body as I slowly made my incision through the pale skin and cold flesh, looking for the cause of death. The voices continued on as I worked, taking on the character more and more as I went along.

"I miss my mom." cried the girl.

"She loved to bake." answered the male.

"I hate dogs. Filthy creatures." the boy grumbled.

"My chest hurts." the girl moaned with tones of pain.

After a few more cuts I discovered the purpose of her life's end.

"I found the reason your chest hurts my dear, you had a heart attack." I explained to no one on particular.

I grabbed my clipboard and wrote the discovery on the death certificate before turning back to stitch up the carcass.

"Can you fix it?" she asked.

"Ouch! It hurts!" the male boomed.

"You're so handsome." gushed the boy.

The voices all laughed together at their cleverness, but I chose to ignore the later comment.

"No dear," I answered the empty room as I pushed the needle through the skin, "I'm afraid I can't fix death." I finished as I pulled the string tight.

"Stop talking to the corpses. Its creepy." the woman's voice was not in my mind, so I turned to see who had disturbed me.

It was a paramedic, pushing a cart with a large black bag. No doubt delivering another body.

"I'm sorry my dear. I can't help it." I said cheerfully with a smile. The voices roared with laughter at my response, but the woman couldn't hear them.

"I swear, you're some kind of psycho." she huffed as she stormed out the door, leaving the filled body bag behind.

"Who's that?" the girl asked as we stared at the bag, all four of us consumed by curiosity.

"Can we eat it?" begged the male.

-

What did you think of Psycho #19? All comments, critiques, thoughts, & reactions are welcomed.

No murder? I know! (Strange isn't it?) Not all Psychos kill though & we still had dead bodies !^_^!

Like my work? Support it at: www.patreon.com/LullaDIEs

Dedication and a huge thank you to @AnnaxLove for the concept idea.

Please, don't forget to vote! It's very encouraging.

There's still 82 Psychos to go!