#18 - Road Rage

Psycho #18 - Road Rage -

-

A Tale of Intermittent Explosive Disorder:

Refers to a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger and violence, often to a point of rage disproportionate to the situation at hand. Often, these episodes are uncontrollable and the individual just... acts.

-

Ugh. I hated imbecile drivers, you know the ones. Always driving below the speed limit, never using their blinkers, and paying attention to no one else on the road as if they alone owned the damned thing.

"Who the hell gave you your license!" I yelled out the window as I passed by the painfully slow car.

A hand protruded from the drivers window, middle finger waving in the air.

That's it. I thought as I slammed on my breaks. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

The vehicle had no time to stop or swerve around me, and so the small car barrelled into the rear of my old truck. While its fiberglass frame crumbled onto itself from the impact, minimum damage was done to my steel frame. I was mainly worried about the paint.

The driver, a husky man with a temper to match mine, jumped out of the crushed car to confront me. I pulled forward a ways as if I were to drive off and watched him rush into the middle of the highway, throw his arms into the air aggressively.

Once I was a good distance away, I turned the truck around and started accelerating towards the man. He saw what I had planned to do and ran towards the beaten car for protection. No one can outrun a vehicle though, and he never made it to his destination.

I giggled wildly as my truck hopped over his body. I yelled "Speed bump!" to no one in particular as I shifted gears and began reversing. Going over his limp figure once more, I was sure the man did not survive.

A woman jumped out of the passenger side of the car and bolted the short distance to the man who laid only a few feet from my bumper. She sobbed like a wild creature as she hugged his fading body close.

When I got out of my truck, I noticed the man was still alive, but only barely. Blood spurted from his mouth as if he were a fountain, and covered the asphalt around him. His clothes were torn and shredded, showing off the immense damage his body had taken. His torso had been crushed, broken ribs protruded from his skin, and it was clear he was paralized.

The woman was so lost in her own grief that she didn't even notice as I got into the back of the truck and grabbed the tow chain I kept in case of emergencies. By the time I had securely attached the chain to my hitch, the mans life faded.

She cried out to a god that was not present to come and help her, but of course he never did. In her despair, she never thought to run, or that she could be next.

I shoved the woman sideways to the ground and held her there with my foot. Quickly I wrapped the chain around her ankles and locked it into place.

She cried and begged for me to stop, but I was too lost in my own road rage to hear any of it.

Damn it. I thought as I turned from the woman towards the truck, seeing the damage for the first time. They scratched my fucking paint job.

I jumped back into the drivers seat and hit the ignition. The engine roared to life and the woman's screams became louder as she realized her impending doom.

I dragged her down the otherwise empty highway slowly at first, enjoying her screams of pain and despair. It didn't take long for me to get bored however, and I stomped the throttle. The truck jumped slightly at the sudden increase in speed, before reaching a steady 70 MPH.

I looked in the mirrors to see how my little tag along was doing. I chuckled slightly at the way her body bounced and rolled on the hardened black tar. I drove for a while, maybe thirty miles or so, until I saw a side road to turn down.

I parked where passerby's would not see me ditch the body and walked around to the back. You could no longer tell that this heap of flesh was once a woman.

Her skin had been completely torn off and the muscles below were pulverized. Blood leaked from every area of her body, and you could tell from the bodies awkward positioning that multiple bones had been shattered. Somewhere along the line she'd completely lost her nose and an ear. Her jaw had been broken and now flapped uselessly to the ground. Most of these details were all but invisible under her matted blonde hair now dyed crimson red.

I undid the chain and threw it in the back of the truck. Driving away, I felt myself become content.

One less bad driver to get in my way. I thought as I turned back onto the highway.

-

What did you think of Psycho #18? All comments, critiques, thoughts, & reactions are welcomed.

Like my work? Support it at: www.patreon.com/LullaDIEs

Please, don't forget to vote!It's very encouraging.

There's still 83 Psychos to go!