#3 - A Woman Scorned

Psycho #3 - A Woman Scorned -

-

A Tale of Nymphomania and Betrayal:

Nymphomania refers to a person who has frequently occurring sexual urges, usually impulsive or compulsive. The validity of this disorder is debated among the medical community.

A Psychotic Breakdown is when a completely sane person experiences insanity. Many things can cause this temporary psychosis. Environmental triggers, such as losing a loved one, are known to contribute, as may excessive stress, or the interaction of strong social demands with a pre-existing vulnerability of self.

-

I'd gotten off work a couple hours early and been excited to spend the remainder of the evening with my husband. He was such a loving spouse, always showering me with affection and gifts. I felt guilty about the extra hours I'd been putting into my job and planned to make it up to him that night. He loved seeing me in purple, and so I wore a brand new dark purple bra and undies set adorned with light pink lace and hearts. I thought everything would be perfect. That was before I opened the front door.

I could hear a womans soft moans coming from the bedroom, and the musty smell of sex filled our house. My heart dropped to my stomach. I knew what was happening behind the closed bedroom door. There was no denying it, yet I still refused to believe that my darling husband would be capable of such betrayal. As I approached the room my mind tried conjuring up any and all explanations, like my husband watching a porn or, maybe, there was a reason one of his friends couldn't bring a girl home so they came here instead. I knew some of my scenarios were unlikely, but I wanted anything but the truth to be true.

I stood in front of the wooden door with my hand on the knob. I couldn't decide if I wanted to see or not. Did I want to face my greatest fear? Did I really want to know all the nasty details? My feet wanted to turn and run, but my hand twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

There he was, on top of a pretty little blonde. I detested missionary style, claiming it was boring and uncreative. Yet, that dull position is exactly how I found them. I felt slightly ashamed to see them enjoy it. Nausea hit me. The taste of bile filled my mouth as the bitter fluid rose up my throat.

The woman's face was flushed pink with pleasure, a pleasure that should have been mine. That thought caused my disgust to disappear as pure rage consumed me. I stormed out of the room, unwilling to watch his infidelity anymore. The two were so engrossed with each other that neither noticed my presence, or my departure.

I stalked into the kitchen and instinctively grabbed the biggest knife I could find. Studying my reflection in its metallic surface, I wondered what I planned to do with it. Surely the two of them would overpower me if I approached with only the knife. There must be something else...

Suddenly, I remembered the small pistol on top of the fridge. My husband bought it for the house after the neighbor had a break in. He said he wanted me to be able to defend myself should someone try to hurt me. I tried telling him it was unnecessary, but he insisted that my safety was his number one priority and so the 9mm was purchased.

I stood on my tiptoes while reaching up and began feeling around for the forgotten firearm. The moans from the other room were becoming louder and faster as the two neared their climax. I knew I was running out of time.

I felt the butt of the gun and smiled to myself. Pulling it down, I inspected it just as he had shown me to. Fully loaded magazine, safety off, cocked, and ready to go. It felt heavy and foreign to my delicate hands, but it also gave me a sense of control over my situation.