SNAPSHOT: part 19

||KYNDALL POV||

I was so tired the night before we left that I slept through the night without any problems. I hoped Josh wasn't sick of me clinging to him like he was a teddy bear in the middle of the night. I would wake up each morning practically on top of him. He was the best person to sleep next to. He didn't move much in his sleep, and I always woke up with his arms around me, a comforting feeling.

His alarm sounded off at 4, in other words too damn early. My right leg was bent and lied across his stomach, where his left hand sort of held it by my knee. His other arm was under my shoulder as I put my a across him and held on to him. He let out a little groan and slapped at his phone until he hit snooze. I lowered my leg and got closer to him.

"We gotta get up," he said in his raspy morning voice.

"The one time I sleep well." I lied my head on his chest and felt him sigh. His heart beat felt slow and steady.

"If you want like ten minutes I can start finishing up the packing." He offered.

"No, if I do that I'll never get up." I rolled off of him some and yawned. I felt him lean over as he kissed me on the cheek, then he rolled out of bed quickly. It felt so cold outside of the covers.

Josh started zipping up the rest of our bags and double checking the apartment for things we might need. I made the bed and packed up my camera and ukulele.

"I wanna take some cool travel photos of us while we're on a plane with bags under our eyes." I said, clicking off the lens. Josh laughed a little.

"That'll be cute, go for it," he said as he hauled his bag out of the room and to the front door. I finished getting everything together, tied up my hair, and met Josh at the door. We both had backpacks for carry-ons and complimented each other.

"Say goodbye, we won't be back for a while," Josh said looking around. I sighed, looking at the plant Josh had given me for my birthday. I sighed.

"Are you ready? Our Uber is here."

I nodded, the started to roll my suitcase out of the door.

--

"We're in first class?!" I got a little excited when Tyler handed me my ticket.

"Yeah, have you never flown first class before?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Oh, well enjoy the ride. It looked like we're all sitting together." Tyler said, comparing our seats. As we waited at the terminal, a snapped a picture of all of our tired faces. Our bags were emphasized in the lighting of the dull terminal. On the bright side, the sun was starting to rise right through the windows we sat by, making the sky a pretty orange-pink color. While we waited, I sat on the floor and took pictures of the runways with the beautiful sunrise in the background.

||JOSH POV||

The way Kyndall focused when she used her camera captured me. There was something in her facial expression, how she tilted her head when she played with the settings and pursed her lips when she took the pictures. She studied the pictures she took carefully and worked hard to get the perfect shot. I could watch her for hours.

"Now boarding: first class," a woman's Voice spoke over the intercom at our terminal. I stood up from the uncomfortable plastic seat and slung my backpack around. I noticed Kyndall hadn't moved.

"Hey babe, it's time to board." I walked up next to her. She looked up at me from the floor, nodded, then stood up and put away her camera. We showed our tickets, then walked down to the plane. I never knew what those long portable hallways you used to get to the planes were called.