NO: part 10

||KYNDALL POV||

I managed to get upstairs without my family noticing me. In the bathroom, I slathered sunscreen on my face and arms and tied back my hair. I wore my standard snow sports outfit that i always did. I could hear conversation down stairs, and assumed it was my mom and dad. After putting on some Chapstick and checking my phone, I was ready.

"Kyndall!" The voice of glass. I winced and went down stairs.

Josh stood in front of my dad. Why had he come to the door?

"You didn't tell me you were going out today." My dad said.

"Nope."

"I don't even know this boy, how do I know I can trust him?"

"I trust him more than you," everything I said sounded so flat and lifeless. He didn't deserve emotion from me.

"Son how old are you anyways?" My dad asked.

"I'm 27-"

"Kyndall!"

I glared at my dad, I would not look away. I would stare at him until he was forced to speak.

"You're not going anywhere!" He was raising his voice.

I still said nothing, staring at him blankly to piss him off.

"Kyndall Erin Thomas! You will not go anywhere!"

I turned, grabbed Josh's wrist and headed for the garage, my dad yelling behind us. I yanked my board off of its hooks on the wall and grabbed my boots, heading for his car.

His hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Kyndall! Get your-!"

I yanked my hand away.

"Don't you dare fucking touch me. Ever." I slammed the front door in his face and sat down in the passenger seat.

"Kyndall?" Josh spoke up.

"What." I sounded so angry.

"I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you." I apologized.

"Can I ask for the back story now?" He asked. I sighed.

"It's long, and sad."

"Hit me." We pulled out if the drive way. I sighed again.

"When I was seven and Selena was eight, my dad lost his job and just became a total asshole to everyone and treated all of us like shit. He always put us down, like calling us ugly or fat, stuff like that. He basically gave Selena an eating disorder when she was in middle school up until her sophomore year. The whole root of the problem is he..." I stopped.

I had only talked about this with Kimberly.

"I've never told anyone this, only Kimberly."

"You can trust me, Kyn," Josh said.

"My dad, he molested Selena and I when we were seven and eight."

Saying it out loud like that felt like I'd imagine being impaled feels like. I couldn't for the life of me tell you why it was bitter sweet.

"Oh Kyndall, I'm so sorry."

Everyone always said that, sorry. It was just and automatic response. But when Josh said it, I could feel his words. They meant it. They were real words, real feelings.

"It's a lot better now, it's okay."

"He shouldn't be there."

"I know."