I Am A Monster : Chapter 1

To anyone who doesn't like/likes romance, this book has the smallest amount possible. No offense or anything. I just don't have much of a sappy side. So don't be scared for dirty content.
Also, please enter in "My Own Wattpad Writing Competitions"! I'm really hoping that it'll take off, but I really, really need your help.
One more thing and that's it: Wattpad actually made an account called Wattpad. It's the app itself, pretty much. Its reading lists are awesome stories that aren't quite good enough to be Featured, but have amazing grammar and punctuation and stuff and (in my opinion) are better than what's actually Featured.
My story, Bound By My Mate, is in the section of "Untamed Love." Awesome, right? You can read now. I'll stop bothering you.

Chapter One

I don't know who I am, or why I'm here. I can only continue, and hope for the best.
It's been three days since I woke up.
I woke up in the warm summer grass, the sun on my face. That was fine. All fine. I opened my eyes. The grass was green. The trees' leaves were the same color as the grass. Still fine. More than fine.
Everything is silent now. Not fine. Creepy, actually. Very, very creepy. Something snuffles. Like an animal, snuffling for food.
That's when I know who I am.
A string of memories comes flooding back to me. I'm five years old, in a pale yellow dress, holding a daffodil. Dad, his dark hair windblown and tangled, smiles at me. I hand him the daffodil. He tucks it into his shirt pocket, lifts me up, and holds me close. I breathe in his scent of grass and mint. The memory disappears in a burst of colors.
A new memory takes its place. I'm nine now. I'm wearing a pink T-shirt and ripped blue jeans. I'm smiling. I'm running in the grass. The sun is shining on my face. Dad is running alongside me. Sprinting.
I leave him in the dust.
That was when my powers first came.
Just like the first one, it explodes in a burst of colors. Immediately, I dissolve into a new memory.
I'm fourteen. Dad is sitting on a bench next to me. His smile is forlorn. His face looks more aged and lined than it seems possible, as if he's aged another thirty years. Immediately, I know Mom is already gone. Some of his hair is streaked with gray. That worries me slightly.
What really worries me is his tired, beaten-down expression. A white scar runs down the length of his left arm, as if a knife blade had been pressed mercilessly into his skin.
I stifle a sob.
The memory dissolves.
I'm back in the present, leaning against a tree, completely out of breath. Without breaking a sweat, I morph into my wolf form. My arms elongate, my legs shorten and bend at angles a human wouldn't be able to stand. My nose elongates into a long snout. I'm flying through the forest now. The trees, plants and shrubs dissolve into one big blur of jade. I can feel myself changing still further. My fur continues to grow. I finally decide to let it stay at the tangled, shaggy way that it is. One of the few freedoms I have is being able to change my appearance in my wolf form. I don't take that for granted. I am one of the only ones that has it. It is a rare gift. I hope I look as savage and untamed as possible. I make my fur as black as it will go, black as midnight. My pace quickens. I smell something in the air.
It's clean but full of blood, most likely some sort of animal. My black lips wrinkle back into a snarl. My eyes narrow. My entire snout wrinkles. My teeth are bared, white and glistening. My tongue writhes. My snarl becomes more savage. Full of malice. Deadly.
I catch my prey. An unsuspecting deer goes flying through the forest. I run as fast as I can, loping with an easy grace. I catch it in midair, my teeth closing around its neck. My mouth fills with blood, the sweet tang of it ensnaring my senses and making my snarl ebb into more of a purr. The deer is dead. I begin to chew. I finish off the entire deer and lick my chops. The blood keeps me going, and the water inside keeps me from getting dehydrated. The meat gives me more energy, like an extra storage. My body is prepared to get everything it needs from meat.
Something shoots out at my legs. A vine, I realize, too late. Being used as a lasso.
I hear a human cry go up in the forest, a battle cry. I try desperately to run, but they block off my path. One lasso loops around my stomach. Another loops around my front legs and makes me go tumbling forward, yelping. More vines. I struggle desperately, but fruitlessly, and all to no avail. One walks forward and fastens a collar onto my neck, a simple black leather collar. I lash out. Before any of the humans can react, the human's face is scarred, evidence of my claws across his face, now looking like he's been mauled by a bear. The men roar angrily, as one, and charge. I slash through the vines and snap at anyone who goes near, but I am soon overwhelmed. A dart sinks into my side. Another sinks into my arm. I fall face-forward, and the strength is sapped out of me. Black spots dance across my vision. Then my vision goes dark, and I black out.

Check out Writing Competition by smurfyminion!
Please also read my story Bound By My Mate! I like it better than this one, even if this one's not finished yet.
I'm really sorry that this one is sort of bad and confusing. You'll start to learn things; it just takes some time in the story. You might be confused in the first few chapters but then it gets better. You'll see.