How It All Started Part 3

The man looks at me, shocked. Oh no. He's probably the head of the FBI and gets no disrespect. For all I know, I could've just signed my death wish. I refuse to let his see my fear. I just stare into his cold blue eyes and wait for a response.

"Miss Harris," he started after composing himself. "I understand you have questions, but right now I just need you to be quiet."

I wait for him to continue with a newfound fear of the stranger.

"I am Mr. Scarlett, more known as the current leader of the FBI. You are here because we believe, after receiving your blood sample, that you obtain some... abilities. Abilities that could kill." My jaw hit the floor.

"Kill? What do you mean? Do you think I'm a murderer?!" I reply.

"Hardly, Miss Harris, Skyler if I may, we just know of your capabilities, and are going to place you in a school with children of similar skills." he explains.

"So because I have weird blood, I'll be in a school full of ACTUAL murderers? Great!" I sarcastically say. "What even are these 'skills' that I have? I've never noticed anything!"

"That's why you are here, so we can find out what it is. I'm surprised you haven't noticed anything odd about yourself though..." he trails off.

"So, does that mean you'll let me go?" I ask with sincerity.

He let's out a small chuckle " It won't be that easy! For all we know, you are lying just to return home to your parents!"

"What? I am NOT lying! And what the hell is so funny about missing my parents?" I ask, fuming.

"Aw, the little girl might cry." replies a bodyguard next to Mr. Scarlett. They all mock me and howl with laughter, all but Mr. Scarlett, who now has concern on his face.

"Stop laughing. Right. Fucking. Now." I reply, felling flames of anger build up.

"Now gentlemen..." Mr. Scarlett begins but is cut off.

"And what are you going to do about it?" a bodyguard on the opposite asks, "Throw a tantrum?" he mocks. Again they erupt with laughter, while Mr. Scarlett tries but fails to speak above them.

"No mommy or daddy here to give you a hug, awww." The first bodyguard remarks. All the bodyguards are gasping for breath laughing.

Oh that does it.

I suddenly exploded with emotion, furious at the bodyguards. I scream at the top of my lungs and begin seeing red, or is that orange? Also some yellow, maybe even tips of blue. I just now notice that the bodyguards are screaming. They're, they're on fire! The instant I realize its fire, burning the men alive, my anger disappears. And so do the flames.

I look around, panting. The fire is gone, but many of the men have blisters and burns. Only two people are unharmed. Me and Mr. Scarlett.

"Skyler..." Mr. Scarlett mumbles.

"D-did I do this?" I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek. This was defiantly not going to help my case of being innocent. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. Now I really am never going to see my parents. I'm far too unstable. Tears roll down my face, a few hitting the singed seats around me, making a sizzling noise.

Mr. Scarlett tried to come near me, either to comfort or to restrain. I didn't care, I retreated to the far corner of the car, buried my head in my knees, and cried.

I feel completely exhausted, emotionally unstable, and just hopeless. I could feel the car stop and looked up. Mr. Scarlett had his hand on the door, ready to open it. He looked at me and I got up and waited for him to go out.

He helped me out of the car because my hands were still bound by handcuffs. The fire did melt them slightly. Right when we got out, Emergency services went to work on the bodyguards. Realizing this was my only chance to prove my innocence, I looked at Mr. Scarlett with pleading eyes.

I started my begging, "Mr, Mr. Scarlett, I've never, ever done that, I don't know what happened, I was just, mad and then I saw fire, but I don't..." he cut me off. "Skyler, I saw your face after it happened. I know your shocked and I know you regretted it. I will make sure they won't charge you for this." he said.

"But, won't your guys, they can press charges!" I shout.

"They knew better than to provoke you, you will be fine as long as I can help it." he replied.

And with that, I saw a group of agents running towards us, guns drawn. Once I caught sight of them my knees buckled and I passed out.

_____________________________________________________________________

I awoke in a room. I looked around and saw, Donald? It was the detective that took me from my house, but I remember liking him more than Marshal. Once he saw me wake up , he rushed over to my bedside.

"Hey..." he said, "Remember me?"

"Of course" I replied with a horse voice.

"Well, I've got news, your Sophomore year in high school starts tomorrow." he said.

"Uhhg!" I groaned. No summer vacation? Well, it's not like I could go back to my friends, and I wasn't exactly eager to make any here.

Donald chuckled. "Well, don't be too scared. There are agents spread all around the school to control any situation, but they decided that because of your... different powers, they've assigned me to be your personal guard. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." he said sincerely.

"Good." I said, smiling. I liked Donald. He and Mr. Scarlett were actually concerned for me. Cared about my feelings more than a file. Mr. Scarlett, the body guards!

"What happened to the body guards of Mr. Scarlett yesterday?" I blurted out. "Are they okay?!"

Donald smiled and said "Yeah, nothing serious. They are actually supposed to come and apologize today."

"No no no! That's fine! Let them rest." I replied.

"Okay, okay, I get it, no apologies. Ready to go?" he asked.

"Go where?" I said.

"Your new room." he said.

"Oh yeah, okay, let's go." I said, less enthusiastic than before.

We walked down a few hallways in the hospital. We got into some elevators and Donald hit the floor '4A' button. When we arrived I immediately jumped in bed.

"Goodnight!" I cried out. Despite it being the afternoon. I was so tired, and this bed was quite comfy.

"Ha ha, goodnight Skyler, see you tomorrow." said Donald.

I then faded away into a dreamless, but deep sleep.