Chapter 28 What doesn't kill you

CHAPTER 28 

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU 

ASH POV

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

As the girls start to cry I l stand up from my bed and head down the hall towards the girls with the boys close behind me just as a shock wave of raw power tears through the house. I falter but start to run towards the girls room as the boys collapse to the floor. I open the door to see Abel collapsed on the ground with the man standing over him. He goes to step over Abel to reach into the crib but I port in front of him.  

"Get away from my children!" He stumbles back as I push wind at him. He trips over Abel and bends to grab him. I shriek in fury as he succeeds. "Let him go!" He laughs and clutches Abel tighter to him. 

"How about I trade you for him?" If I thought he'd actually let Abel go I'd do it. But he'd take us both. Then the crystal started to glow and I frowned. I had to say yes and risk Abel. I don't want to. I should be able to take him but I'd been told others would die if I didn't do this. Fighting back tears at the thought of being with this madman I held out my hand to him. The girls varies grew louder as he used his free hand to jerk me towards him. My hands touch Abel as he pulls me close then everything goes black. 

.......................... 

I choke as someone throws freezing cold water on me. Choking I sit up and remember what happened. I look frantically around the room to see Abel slumped in a corner. I ache to go to him but remember what happened last time I touched him and I know I have to keep my wits.  

"It took you long enough Goddess." I look to the middle of the room to see him propped up in a large four poster bed. How had I missed that? He slides off the bed to walk over to me as I shiver in my wet clothes. 

"My name is Grant by the way. I thought about grabbing the girls too but I knew you would be much more fun to play with since Abel doesn't seem to be waking up." I stand so I can face him head on as he runs his hand down my cheek. Furious that he's touching me I go to push him with wind only to realize that I can't access my power. My eyes widen in terror as he slides a hand to my mate mark and past it to run a hand over the top of my beasts.  

"What do you want?" He looks into my eyes as his eyes swirl with lust. 

"To break you." I shake my head. 

"Never again." He snorts and grasping my shoulders he turns me around so my back is to the bed then he shoves me. I fall onto the bed as he climbs on top of me. As he tears at my shirt I go to fight him and discover I can't shift either. He must see the shock on my face because he laughs. 

"Sweet naïve little Goddess. This room naturalizes all your abilities. It's a safe room." His hands are on my pants as I fight to buck him off of me but he only laughs harder as he shifts and pushes my panties and pants down my leg. Tears slide down my cheeks as I will myself to go to that place where everything is safe. Where I can't feel his hands on me.

..........................

Hands grasp my cheeks and I blink as I hear someone speak but I'm too lost in my own mind to understand his words. Then I feel a sharp pain on the inside of thigh and I scream as the smell of burning flesh fills the room. I blink my eyes to see Grant pulling a red hot metal bar away from my thigh. I blink again and see Lex beside him. I growl low in my throat and go to rush him only to stopped by the agony that rips through me. Lex walks from the bed and I hear a whimper as he throws Abel on top of me. Wide eyes look into mine as tears slip down his cheeks.