chapter 5

(Michael)

After lunch was the time for games. There was relay, there was a running a marathon, a detective game and rope-walking which I would definitely not even try.

We started of with relay. Four members from each team were suppose to participate in this. I din't want to so I gave the others a chance. After that was the marathon in which I would not like to waste time on.  

Then was the detective game. That sounded okay for me so I participated. The game was that there would be four hearts broken into four pieces each. All the teams have to search for the parts all around the garden. There will be a few clues indicated. Which ever team gets the four pieces of the heart first will win. The estimated time for this game was an hour.

As the whistle was heard, all of us ran and started our search. Everyone did the same act of first checking behind the bushes, in the bushes, around the trees. I din't think I would waste time on that. I tried searching near the lake. There were many dry leaves fallen in front of the lake. I moved all the dry leaves one by one and then found a pieceof the heart.

Now I don't know where I should search next.

(Isobelle)

I found only one piece till now which was in a pretty discoverable place. Where should I search now?Maybe I should search somewhere near the entrance of the garden.

I looked behind the gates but din't find anything. Then I saw Michael look behind the other side of the gate and then I figured he found a piece. God, if I only went on the other side, I would have got a piece.

Now I tried searching in the bushes near the entrance. Looked under them but found no pieces. Then I noticed something red between the bushes. I put my hand into it and found a piece. I became so delighted! Joy to the world! Only two more pieces were left to find.

I found my first piece in the centre of the park and the second piece near the entrance of the park. Its obvious that now I should searching for the remaining pieces near the end of the park. I walked through the garden an then started searching in all the bushes. I never know, I maybe lucky again.

Then I felt like going and checking out the rose bushes. Its a little hard for me to find any of the pieces here because the colour of the roses and the colour of the heart is red. If the piece is stuck between the branches and twigs, its going to prick me if I try taking out the piece with my bare hands.

I searched and searched. Then I located a whole heart in the middle of the bush. How am I going to get it out. Then I saw Michael looking at the same heart from the other side. He noticed me and came on my side.He reached out for the heart right when I did. Both our hands clashed but it was his hand that kept be safe from the twigs which would prick me. We slowly took out the heart and places it on the soft grass along with our previous pieces.

I suddenly noticed a cut on Michael's hand and it was bleeding. Michael kept it silent but I know even the smallest cuts or bruises can hurt a lot. I took out my handkerchief and tied it around is hand. He tried ignoring the pain but his expression could clearly say that he was suffering.

'Take the pieces you want.' Michael said.

'How many do you need?' I asked him.

'Two, but can take all if you want.' he replied.

'I too need two.' I said and handed over two pieces to him.

'Thank - you.' he said politely.

'You might want to wash your hand in cold water. The bleeding will stop and it will reduce the pain. Besides, you've got many other minor scratches too which hurt.' I said.

'Alright lets go.' he said.

We went to the nearest tap and I helped Michael wash his wound. After that we went together and submitted our hearts.

Soon after that, the rope-walking started. I was going to participate in it. Though it was a risky game, I din't hold back. Life isn't that fun if you don't take a few risks once in a while.

(Michael)

Rope-walking is a really risky thing. But I see Isobelle participating in it. Is she retarted? No one would try such a thing! I don't even know why this game was organised in the first place!

Isobelle is going first. I wish she'll be fine. She has support of a rope and even if she looses her balance she won't fall, but yet.

She walked slowly and she did fine till halfway. Then she slipped bit but then she managed to get her balance and finished the task. I have never seen such a brave person before. She was the only one who took part in this game and she did amazing. She was living her life to the fullest while I was just thinking about the disadvantages.

Today was finally over. We actually returned back to office before nine. We arrived at 7:30pm. Everyone was tired but they all had fun. From next week all of us will concentrate on work.

Before Isobelle could leave for home, I praised her for her bravery and then thanked her for helping me out with my wound. She galdly said welcome and then left for home.

Today I learnt so many things from her. Not all women are timid, rude and hurtful. There are some who are really nice and on whom you can trust. I went home smiling all the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you will like this chapter :)

Angela98