chapter 1

(Michael)

It's monday and there are new members joining the office today. I better get ready or i'll be blamed for being late again. The sunlight is strong today and it seems this is going to be a good day. The wind feels light and there isn't much moist in the air. I like mornings like this except the fact that I have to leave my bed. Damn that sucks.

Phone-check; tie-check; blazer-check; watch-check; laptop-check and car keys - check. Now I just need to meet mom (Miranda) before leaving.

'Here is your lunch dear. Have a good day.' said mom, with the same optimistic blessing of everyday.

'Thanks! Love you mom.' I said and then hugged her and rushed to my car.

(Isobelle)

Entering my new office, I felt relieved. First of all, I was still super happy that I got this job. I mean there were like twenty - three more people after me. Is this boss handsome or something? I mean I have never seen so many girls trying to get the secretory's job. As for me, I desperately needed a job and this was what I thought best for me. 

As for the office, the environment seemed very nice. So many happy working faces around. The office was perfectly airconditioned, it had so many paintings put up to make it look more lively. Beautifully painted walls and alot of other stuff. Hats off to the boss to make this place so beautiful to work in.

I then got outlined where my cabin was. I walked to see a beautiful small room, with a medium sized wooden table. About four phones and many files. A nice looking shelf for keeping documents and other things. Of course there was my chair, I sat on it to see if it was comfortable. Well, it sure was, I could even sleep on it. There were colourful flowers kept in a vase too. My most best choice of flowers - Orchids. I so loved this cabin. 

(Michael)

Driving the car is pretty tiring but I prefer doing it myself. Well, today i'm stuck in the traffic again. This is so annoying! I'll be late for the meeting again. Why don't I quit grumping, I sound like a girl. As I reached office, I din't have the time to look at anyone. I rushed to my cabin, Left my laptop, grabbed the important files and walked as fast as I could to the conference room. Everyone stood to wish me and I wished the back, 'A good morning to all'.

I noticed a new member, sitting at one edge of the table, trying to make herself petty. I was a little desperate to know her name but before I could ask, one of my juniors introduced her to me, my new secretary, Isobelle. 

Her elegant smile and beautiful hair and hypnotising eyes left me stuned. She wore aa formal shirt with a formal kind of skirt which was a bit short that made her look even more load and hot. Apart from that, I needed to check on her work. That was more important then anything else. She might not be that efficient in her work. Seeing her hide from me like that, gave a sign that she was unsure of her loyalty. But what can you say, anyone can tremble in front of me. 

After the introductions and the solving of a few silly issues of our team, I went to my cabin and found Isobelle already there.  

'Sir, I still don't know your name' she said, feeling a bit embarassed. 

'It's Michael. Feel free to ask anything you like, alright.' I frankly said to her. 

'Thank you sir.' she said a bit shyly but was not at all afraid.

I kept a track of her for the whole day and she did pretty good for the beginning. She arranged the files, fixed the right appointments, helped me out in a few things, gave impressing suggestions on certain matters and got me my coffee at the right time. What? I really do need coffee with the right sugar for me to work in prosperity. You don't want me to yell at anyone do you?

I had loads of work today in office. I finished it at a very late time. As I was packing up my stuff, I saw Isobelle still waiting in her cabin. I could see her tired face clearly as her cabin was right next to mine. It was her first day after all, she had to get used to the work. I thought I would drop her home today as it was almost 10:30pm already.

'Come on, i'll drop you home.' I told her.

'That's alright sir, i'll go home myself. It isn't very far from here.' she said. 

I din't want to force her so I let her go but I walked right behind her to make sure she reaches home safely. I then saw an astonished expression on her face. I immediately made it clear that I had no intentions of stalking her or anything of that sort. She laughed on hearing me and then told be a goodnight and went into her house. Hearing her sweet voice made a smile take over my face. It was nice to make a girl smile. I haven't done that in days. I don't even interact with the members much. I mean I hardly get time to do that. 

But who really needs a compliment from me? i'm just their boss. A machine who tells you to do stuff. Basically labour you with work. What other work do I have to do? I don't have much friends, i'm busy almost everyday, I don't even like leaving my house. I'm a boring person, I know. When will I have a freaking miracle come by? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

First chapter updated... Hope it caught some interest! This chapter doesn't really depict much about what will happen in the future because life can change abruptly anytime. But one thing we do know is that Michael's got a special person in hand. It can start with a simple friendship. Not necesarily lovey doviness!

Enjoy the next chapter. 

~Angela98