Chapter 10

When I awake my head is pounding. I feel like I had been hit repeatedly over the head with a baseball bat. And for all I knew, maybe I was.

I couldn't open my eyes. They were stuck together and even if I tried they weighed a ton.

I tried once more and finally they opened only to be snapped shut again because of the blinding white that scared my poor eyes.

I opened them again only a sliver this time and then after a few seconds I opened them more so I could see the room around me. I knew it wasn't my room. My room wasn't white, I refused to have a white-walled room and be like everybody else. My walls were a dark purple.

Everything in the room was white. It was bright as hell. I looked around and sure enough I saw the door open and saw people walking around with blue or purple scrubs on. Was I in a hospital? Holy shit. Am I dead?

I was only now aware of the pressure on my left hand, I looked down and saw a scuff of black hair laying on it. It was a head. It was sleeping. I pulled my hand back slowly, wanting it to look like I had waken it by accident.

The body stretched its body and moaned. It lifted up the black haired mess and I immediately recognized the face as Chase.

His eyes widened when he looked at me, "You're awake! Jessica! Jeremy! She's awake! Gets a doctor!" he ores frantically.

He leaned over and checked my face as if I wasn't real. "Are you feeling okay? Do you feel sick?"

Just as I was going to ask why would I not be okay, memories from the day before came flooding in and I stopped breathing.

My pizza. Chase and Kendra's conversation. The boy. The closet. My scream, oh my scream.

I sucked in a huge gulp of air like I had just been under water and finally had gotten to the surface.

I didn't realize I was shaking until Chase grabbed my hand soothingly and traced circles on my palm.

Seconds later, my two best friends and a man wearing blue scrubs came into the room.

"Ah, you're awake Ms. Rose. Good to see your eyes open. How are you feeling?" he questioned, opening my eyes and shining a light into them. I winced and pulled my head away for the light.

I rubbed my eyes, "How do I feel? I almost got raped. How the fuck do you think I feel? Not so fucking good! Thats how I feel!" I spat the words out to the poor man.

Truth be told, I felt disgusting, weak, I wanted to curl in a ball and never have to relive anything like that.

Jeremy rushed to my side and placed both his hands on either side of y head an looked into my eyes and whispered in a low voice, "This is nothing like before baby. You're safe. Someone save you in time this time." he explained, trying to calm me.

I let out a shaky breath.

A woman came into the room wearing purple scuba and holding a clip board.

We all looked at her. Jeremy let go of my face but sat on the bed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me close to him like I was a child. I allowed it because no matter what, Jeremy never failed to make me feel safe.

The woman looked sadly over to me. "We have some diagnostics for you, sweety." she explained.

My eyes widened, "Diagnostics? W-what do you mean? I'm fine. Nothing is wrong with me!" I all but screamed at her.

She flinched. "I didn't say that. Just- well, let me tell you them please."

I nodded and she started listing off things.