Chapter 9

I paid for my food and dragged my tray along the cold metal. I licked my lips, looking at the delicious pepperoni pizza.

I heard a snicker behind me, "You'd think she though she could eat her pizza with her eyes."

I turned my head and looked at Jessica.

She held up her hands, the universal sign of peace. "Just statin' the truth."

I rolled my eyes and walked forward, dragging my tray along with me. I pulled a five dollar bill out if my pocket and gave it to the man at the cash register. I waited as he brought two dollars out of the slots and handed them to me. I walked away.

I walked over to our usual table and sat down. Jess took her seat in front of me and Jeremy took his seat by the wall.

I looked up when I felt someone looking at me. I'm met with Jessica's stare.

"Yes?" I ask.

"How are you so calm about this?" she all but yells.

I furrow my brows, 'Calm about what?" I ask, confused.

She gestures to a table. I look over and see Kendra sitting on Chase's lap with the rest of them.

I shrug my shoulder and look back down to my pizza. Truth is, I was pissed. Beyond pissed. I wanted to march over there ad shove my pizza in her face.

Jeremy scoffs. "Can't just give them the death glare of the century then just shrug."

I look up at him. "I'm fine. Chase is nothing. He's just a boy. Nothing more, nothing less." I shrug once again then look back at my pizza, picking it up and taking a bite.

I moan happily. "How do they make pizza like this?" I ask dreamily.

Jessica snaps her fingers, "No changing the subject!"

I drop my pizza, aggravated. "What do you want me to say? He's with Kendra and not me. I lost my chance and that's that."

I pick my pizza off my tray, getting up and putting the tray on the pickup section.

I walk away from my best friends and out of the cafeteria.

I take a few more bites of my pizza till its gone and shove my hands in my pockets, walking down the hallway, trying to clear my mind.

I hear talk up ahead and like the nosy person I am I speed up so I can understand what their saying.

"Kendra stop! Im done with this. You said this would get her to like me more because she hates you. She's just ignoring us more! I'm taking matters into my own hands now." Chase said. Wait Chase?

I back up from the corner I was in and took a few steps backward until I bumped into a wall.

I turned around and came face to face with a chest. I look up and stopped when I saw an unfamiliar boyish face.

"Sorry." I mumble back away him.

He takes a step forward and I step back. This keeps happening till my back hits the lockers.

Classic rape position. 'The girl bumps into a wall and is trapped by the man, awaiting her doom.'

He steps again so we are practically nose and nose. He puts his hands up and places them on either side of my head. This would've been romantic if I knew the guy or if we were dating. But no, this was just creepy.

"What do you want?" I found myself asking.

"You." he states and crashes his lips to mine.

I don't kiss back. I refuse.