26

Ok so I know the last chapter was a bit of a filler but there are only a few left. I'm working on another story titled Beta. Clearly, it is a story about werewolves and not a continuation of this. I can't decide if I want to post it now of wait until this one is done. What do you think?

I buttoned the last gold circle on the front of my black dress and looked in the mirror. This dress perfectly hid the little bump growing under the silky fabric which was what I was going for. I didn't want anyone to know I was pregnant, especially our enemies. They would use it against us somehow and I didn't want to run the risk. All I had to do was keep it a secret for a couple weeks and we would be in the clear. I would disappear from the public eye after my graduation and wouldn't accept any visitors until after I delivered. I couldn't even risk our allies knowing I was pregnant so seeing Scarlett was not going to happen. I was sad I couldn't see her because I was actually quite fond of her. I never had many friends and she was someone I could relate to.

"Are you ready, love?" Micah asked as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

I nodded and turned into his embrace, "I'm actually kind of excited."

"I bet you are. You've been in school for a long time."

"I never thought I would get my masters," I mused.

"Really?"

"I always thought I wouldn't be able to do it."

"Why?"

I shrugged, "I didn't think I was smart enough."

He shook his head, "You may not see it, but you're brilliant. I wasn't joking when I said your conclusions were riveting. I lived in the times of the writers you admire and they would be proud to read your interpretations of their work."

Oh my god. I hadn't thought about it that way. He would have personally known the writers I was so fond of and I hadn't even asked about them. I had a living, breathing, primary source and I hadn't even tapped into that source.

"We are having a conversation about these writers after my graduation. I can't believe I didn't think to ask you!"

He laughed, "I wondered why you hadn't asked about Poe."

"You knew Edgar Allan Poe?" I asked in disbelief.

"I met him at one of his lectures towards the end of his life and had quite a few dinners after that. He ran in many of the same social circles I preferred. But, we will discuss this further, later."

"Okay. I guess we should get going," I said.

I would never admit that I was nervous because I had no reason to be. I was graduating. It's not like it was a lottery or something. This was for sure that I was getting a diploma but I still felt anxious. I was being ridiculous, I knew that which is why I didn't say anything about it.

Micah kissed my temple before releasing me enough to walk downstairs. My family was already waiting in the living room with Jossalyn and her husband whom I hadn't met. He was not the man I would have pictured her with but I suppose he was exactly what she needed. He looked about eighteen which was strange enough but he was thin and maybe five foot six at the most. I wouldn't necessarily consider him handsome and he definitely paled in comparison to Micah. Then again, every male looked hideous next to Micah. Even if I wasn't his mate I knew I would find him irresistible; he was just that type of man. His physical perfection was what initially caught the eye but his undeniable charm and charisma drew people in.

"Emma, this is Donald, my husband," she introduced.

I politely shook his hand with a smile, "It's nice to meet you."