9

"Emma," he tried again but I simply walked inside.

I could tell my silent treatment was starting to get to him which is exactly what I wanted. He wasn't going to get away with being so dominating. Though, I would admit only to myself, I found his dominance kind of hot. I think the idea of submitting to his powerful nature was alluring but I would never tell him that. He hadn't shown it much but I could see a bit of an ego peeking through at times. He thought the world was his and in the preternatural world, he was correct but him being king did not mean he could tell me when to be mad.

"Emma, stop," he commanded. His tone was harsh and demanded.

I did stop but only for a moment. I turned, tossed him a pointed look, and continued on my way upstairs.

"I'm sorry," he ground out.

I noticed all servants stopped dead in their tracks and looked at him in shock. Was it really that rare for him to apologize for a wrong doing?

"You sound so sincere," I said sarcastically.

"I am being sincere," he said tightly.

I crossed my arms and examined his tense stature. He was clearly uncomfortable with apologizing and I hated that I made him that way.

"Are you just going to stand there tensed up all night?" I asked as I started upstairs again.

"Back to work," he commanded of his staff and started following me upstairs.

I stopped in front of his room and turned back to him.

"So you think you can just tell me what is acceptable for me to feel?" I asked blandly.

"No," he said, still tense.

"Really? You seemed to think so earlier."

"You were mad for no reason."

"I had about eight hundred reasons to be mad," I responded coldly.

"How can you possibly be mad?! It was before you were ever even a thought! Did you just expect me to stay a virgin?" He asked incredulously.

"Isn't that what you expected of me?"

Well that certainly shut him up. I couldn't help the satisfied feeling of knowing he had no response to that.

"That's different."

"How so?"

"I will not allow another man to so much as look at you inappropriately," he said, daring me to challenge him.

I smirked in response. I had to admit, I enjoyed pushing his buttons a bit. The response was entertaining.

"And if I allowed it?" I taunted.

"You wouldn't."

He stepped closer to me, backing me into the wall. Our bodies were barely touching and even that small contact drove my body into a frenzy.

"And why wouldn't I?" I asked through a shaky whisper.

"You are mine," he said as he possessively gripped my hips, forcing me against him. I couldn't say I minded. My plan from the start was to seduce him properly. Now was my chance to prove those other women could never compare to me; none could have him begging for more the way I planned.

"Then prove it," I prompted.

He needed no more incentive. He captured my lips with such a dominate passion I was caught off guard but I wasn't going to let him take control of this. I was going to take charge.

I felt around for the door handle and pushed it open. I fought for dominance but he was slowly taking control. I had to regain it.

I heard him push the door shut behind us but I pulled away from him. He tried to pull me back but I quickly slipped his hold. He looked at me confused but I only made my way to his bed. I felt his eyes watching my slow, sensual walk but I didn't face him until I touched one of the giant wooden posts.

"Sit down," I forcefully suggested.

He did as he was told and sat on the edge of the bed but watched me closely. I could tell he wasn't sure of my motives and I kind of enjoyed his uncertainty.

I let my dress fall to the floor as I locked my eyes on his lustful gaze. I knew I had him wrapped around my finger. I could get him to do or say just about anything which could work to my benefit if I ever wanted something. Though, I seriously doubted I had to take my clothes off to get things I wanted around here. He was probably willing to give me anything at all which was nice to know but I would never take advantage of his generosity.

"I want to make one thing very clear between us," I said as I stepped between his legs. His hands instantly trailed over my hips, gripped my behind and pulled me to straddle him.

"And what would that be, my love?"

"I am the only woman that will ever have any affect on you again," I said confidently. When the hell did I become so possessive? Must come with the vampire territory.

He smirked, "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Good. Then you'll understand that I am tired and you have work to do. Good night."

I pecked him on his cheek, only risking a quick look at his absolutely priceless expression.

"Wait!" He said as I started to get up.

"Something wrong?" I asked innocently.

"Yes! You can't just..do all that and walk away!"

"You see, Micah, that is where you're wrong. I can and will walk away from this to teach you a lesson. Don't ever tell me what to do again," I said with the most precious smile I could muster.

I left him shocked and sexually frustrated to flee to my room. I wished we could just share a room already but if he wanted that, he would say something.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke with a sense of dread lingering in my mind. The events of the previous night flashed through my mind. I hadn't been bothered when Micah killed Alexander which still shocked me. I wondered if I was in shock from the event or if I really didn't care. I mean, he had tried to kill me and was the driving force behind this war. He should have been killed. I think.

I wondered if Micah was upset with me for teasing him last night. I did feel a little bad about it but I also wanted him to know I wouldn't tolerate him ordering me around. If he wanted this to work, he needed to change his mindset a bit.

I quickly showered and grabbed a lilac dress from my personal mall better known as my closet. The fabric was silk and wrapped around me perfectly. It was a nice cross between casual and dressy.

I intended to make my way downstairs to Micah's office with the intention of apologizing for torturing him last night when he suddenly stopped me before I hit the staircase.

Without warning, he gripped the back of my thighs and hoisted me up, his lips molded to mine. He pressed me against the wall more roughly than I would have thought. Clearly he wasn't mad at me for last night.

His lips abandoned mine in favor of my neck. I moaned at the electrifying sensation coursing just under my skin.

"Micah," I tried to get his attention but my breathless attempt did nothing to pull him away.

"Micah," I tried again, slightly more in control.

"Yes?" He asked but did not ignore my soft flesh.

"I'm sorry about last night-"

A light laugh escaped his lips, "There is nothing to apologize for, love."

"You didn't let me finish," I said. Finally, he looked curiously into my eyes, "I'm sorry about last night but you did deserve it."

A smirk encompassed his perfect lips, "I knew there was a reason I love you so much."

Before I could question it, he kissed me again with such a deep passion I was surprised I could breathe.