Chapter 3 (Secret Crush)

Sam’s P.O.V.

It surprised me how easy Blake and I get along. I mean, don’t get me wrong, he’s hot, and not to mention, he’s also kind and down to earth. I just didn’t see us get along this quickly. We have so many things in common that it's like he's the boy version of me. But I just don't see myself with him. We're too alike. It will be fun at first, but eventually it will slowly become boring.  Besides, I already have someone in mind. I've been crushing on him for quite a while now, but I'm afraid to tell him. I'm scared that he might not feel the same way and things would become awkward between the two of us. I don't want that to happen. I'll just wait until he makes the first move and ask me out. I glanced at his direction and saw that he was staring at me. I felt a blush creep onto my face knowing that he had been staring at me. He gave me a sad smile and looked away. Sad? Why would he be sad? I frowned as I thought of possibilities why he would be sad. But I came short of ideas. It pained me to see his sad expression. After a few minutes, he stood up, said something and walked away. I didn't want him to leave, but I couldn't stop him either. I couldn't just chase after him like that. That would be so embarrassing.

I must've been in my own thoughts for a long time. I didn't even notice Liza and Isabel leave. And Blake is waving his hands in front of my face as to get my attention. I caught his arm. It was starting to give me a headache.

"Would you stop that? It's giving me a headache."

"Sorry."

"Wait, where's Liza and Isabel?"

Blake stared at me like I was insane. "What are you talking about? They left. You even said goodbye before they left."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Did I really say that? I don't remember. I must've spaced out again, because next thing I knew, Blake's hand was waving in front of my face again. 

"Earth to Sam!!!! Helloooooo??" Blake said.

"I told you to quit doing that." I said as I caught his arm again.

"Then stop spacing out. You seem to do that a lot. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just had a lot in mind is all. No worries."

"If you want to talk about it, I-"

Blake was cut off by the bell ringing. Thank God for that. I just don't feel comfortable talking to Blake about it. Even Liza doesn't know about my crush. I'm the only one who knows that I've been crushing on Daniel. And I would really like it to stay that way. Well, until he reciprocates my feelings that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza's P.O.V.

                The day went by in a flash after what happened. As the dismissal bell rang, I packed my stuff and head towards my locker. I had to get a few things before going home. As I head towards my locker, I saw Sam on the way and I wanted to do a little investigating of my own.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" She said with a smile.

"So, you and Blake huh?"

The question seemed to have caught her off guard.

"W-what?! No! We're just friends and nothing more."

"Doesn't seem like it to me."

"Liza, please, Blake and I have too much in common. I just don't see us together."

I sighed in relief. I thought Daniel was going to lose Sam to Blake for sure. Good thing I was wrong. 

"So, are you ready to go home?"