Chapter 20 (Two Years Later)

Previously:

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I want her to be happy, and I know it's not me who can give her the happiness she needs."

I didn't say anything at that.

"So, I'll see you in the airport then." He said.

"How sure are you that I'm going?"

"100% Sure." He said walking away.

I slammed the door and looked at the time. Damn! I went up and changed into decent clothes. I rushed out the door and into my car. I started the engine then there was a beeping sound. I checked the gas meter and saw that it was almost empty. Damn it! Really? Why now? I drove to the nearest gas station and fueled up. After fueling up, I quickly drove to the airport. I really hope I'm not too late.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Where is that guy? I'm in front of a café leaning against my car drinking a cup of coffee when,

"Hey, isn't that Liza Thompson?"

"She goes by Liza Watson now."

"So it's true then? They're back?"

"Yeah, I guess so,"

I straightened up and looked at the two girls talking about me. They stared wide-eyed at me and hurriedly walked away.

Smart b*tches.

It's been like that all summer. People just can't keep their mouths shut.

"Hey, who are you scaring this time?"

I turned around and saw Blake standing a few feet away.

"Hey!"

I hugged him and almost spilled my coffee in the process.

"Whoa! I missed you too," he said laughing.

I pulled away and smiled at him.

"How are you? I haven't talked to you in weeks!" I said.

 "I'm great! Europe was great! " He said.

"I'm so jealous! You get to tour Europe for an entire month! While I'm here at home... Just at home..." I sighed.

"You lived in Paris for two years. I think you've had your fair share of Europe already," he said laughing.

Yeah well he has a point there.

"And how are things between Arianna and you?" I asked.

"You should know. She's your step-sister." He said.

 I laughed.

"Well, I want to hear your side." I said linking my arms with his.

"There's nothing to say. We're great." He said.

"Really? That's it? Wow, Arianna's been talking about you non-stop and that's all you've got to say? Great?" I said.

"She's been talking about me?" He asked. His eyes lighting up.

"Yeah...But I'm not telling you anything." I said sticking my tongue out.

He laughed and got into the car.

It's been two years since we left. During those two years, my family and I stayed in Paris and there, Sam, Daniel and I finished high school. But now we're back. Just for the break though, because we start university soon and by soon I mean tomorrow! During our time in Paris, Mom met a really nice guy and well got married. Now, I have a step-dad and two more annoying siblings. Oh! And did I mention they're also twins like Daniel and I? What a coincidence right? Arianna and Aaron Crest. They're 17, the same age as Isabel. They both have blonde hair and bluish green eyes. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death but they can be real annoying at times.