Chapter 4 (He's What?!)

Liza's P.O.V.

I went to the parking lot and waited for Spencer there. I came across Blake on my way there. He waved to me and I walked towards him.

"Hey, what are you doing here so late?" I asked him.

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same thing?"

"Touchè."

He laughed. "Anyway, I'm here because I had to catch up with the lessons, so I asked some help from Ms. Wellington."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. So are you gonna tell me why you're here?"

"What? Can't a girl stay after class? I mean, this place grew on me. I never want to leave!" I said dramatically.

Blake raised an eyebrow at me and said, "Oh really?"

I feigned a hurt look, "Ouch. Don't you believe me?"

He just laughed. I scowled at him. He could at least play along.

"Liza?"

I turned and saw Spencer standing behind me. I smiled and he returned it, but then he frowned when he saw Blake standing beside me.

"What are you doing here?!" He growled at Blake.

"Spencer? What's going on here? Blake?" I looked at the two of them confused. Did they know each other? How? Blake just moved here. It's impossible for them to know each other. After a few minutes of just staring at each other, neither of them bothered to answer my question, which annoyed me. A lot. I pulled away from Spencer and faced him. I was taken aback when I saw how angry he was.

"Spencer, answer me." I said in a serious voice.

Spencer looked like he was gonna say something, but then Blake decided to speak up.

"It's nice to see you again, Spencer." I turned around, shocked to see a smirk etched on Blake's face. I really didn't expect that. There definitely was something going on, and I'm gonna find out what it is."

"Would someone please answer my question! Damn it!" I growled.

"Get in the car Liz..", Spencer said.

"No."

"Liz-"

"I won't get in unless someone cared to explain what is going on." I said stubbornly.

"Yeah Spencer, why don't you tell her what did happen a year ago." Blake taunted.

Spencer just growled at him and turned to me. "I'll tell you on the way home. Just don't be stubborn for once  and get in the car."

"But-"

"Liz!"

We had a staring contest, but eventually I gave in and sighed. Spencer can be so stubborn sometimes. I walked to the car, with Spencer hot on my trail. We were almost to the car when, "Come on Spencer! Why don't you tell her right here right now? Afraid to look like some idiot holding a grudge for something not that big of a deal?!", Blake shouted.

I could feel Spencer tense up behind me. I turned around to see him boiling in anger. Spencer is a cool guy, but if you get on his nerves, then you're screwed. I could see him walking towards Blake. I tried to stop him, but I guess I wasn't strong enough. 

"Spencer! Stop it! He isn't worth the trouble!"

Spencer stopped and looked at me. I could see his face soften when he saw my pleading eyes.

"Aww...Isn't that so sweet. You've replaced Lyla already." Blake said.

I could feel Spencer tense up once more. So before he could do anything stupid, I spoke up.

"What the hell, Blake? Spencer is my brother. That's just wrong."

Blake seemed taken aback by this piece of information.

"W-what? Spencer never told me he had another sister."

"That's because I wanted to protect her from you. You might've been my best friend, but I never would have approved of her dating you. Knowing that you are a sick player and a horrible best friend. So stay the hell away from my sisters. Touch them, and you'll be sorry."

Spencer turned and dragged me to the car. Not that I need any dragging. I'm more than happy to get away from all this drama.

=============================================================================

The ride home was silent, that I thought I was gonna go crazy. when I couldn't handle the silence anymore, I asked the question nagging on my mind.

"What happened a year ago?" I blurted out, not able to stop myself anymore.

 "You know there are things that need to stay unknown to some people. I swear, your curiosity will kill you someday."

I shrugged, "This won't kill me, so I want to know."

"Blake and I used to be best friends." He started.

"Wait! Hold up! Is he The Blake?! How did that happen? I thought he was a new student? And I thought ex-best friend Blake moved to Ohio."

He nodded. "Blake did move after what happened and I thought I would never see his face again, but I guess I was wrong."

"What exactly happened? You never did tell me any details. Just that he did something that pissed you off so bad."

"Remember Lyla?"

I nodded. How could I forget. Whenever we talked on the phone that year, she was all he talk about. You see, last year I was sent to boarding school by my parents. That's why Blake never knew me. Spencer never told him about me.  

"It was our anniversary, so I wanted to surprise her. I even prepared a candle light dinner by the beach. I went to pick her up. Her mom told me she was upstairs and that I should just go up and get her. I did as she said and went up to her room. I knocked on her doom and told her I was going to come in. When I opened the door, I saw her in bed with Blake. I was so shocked that I just stood there like an idiot. Lyla noticed me and said that she would explain. But I didn't hear it. I dashed out of there, not really wanting to know why they did it. I could hear Lyla screaming for me to let her explain, but I didn't stop. I couldn't. I just couldn't bear look at her. After that, I didn't see Blake anymore. After a few days I heard people saying that he had to move to Ohio, because of his dad getting reassigned. I was fine with it though. I couldn't look at him without remembering what happened. But then he decided to come back and everything just started to come back to me."

After hearing everything, I kind of now know why Spencer was so distant to other girls and not so trusting anymore. He didn't even trust Holly that much. But hey, who could blame him. Even if he didn't have such a traumatic experience, I knew he would still not have trusted Holly that much. She could be such a whore sometimes.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I didn't know that he did something as big as that. I'm sorry."

He smiled, "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault he's such a jerk and that Lyla is such a bitch. I'm over it anyway. I just don't want you to be friends with him. He's bad news, Liz."

I smiled. "Don't worry Spence, I'll stay away."

"Good." He said.

After that, nothing else was said. But I didn't mind the silence though. It was a comfortable silence, unlike the one a while ago.