Lies

Today was like waking up in heaven. The moment I walked in, my directors, song producers and co-workers all greeted me joyously. "Taylor! You did it!"
"Did what?" I asked puzzled but my blood thrummed.
"You've got yourself an album, honey." Amos J. Heller shook my hand. He was my base guitarist in the band. The band was formed in the VEVO video Picture To Burn. We were called The Agency since in the video, everyone was dressed in suits.
"You mean Taylor Swift? My new album!"
"Yes, yes!"

"And best of all Our Song is nominated for charting the Billboard 100 in number one and you singlehandedly writing a no

"And best of all Our Song is nominated for charting the Billboard 100 in number one and you singlehandedly writing a no. 1 in the world song."
"What? I couldn't get that. It was just too long but I'm just as excited hearing the words no. 1 in the world!!!" I jumped up and down, my hair flying. Amos crossed his arms.
"We're happy too. Just so you know, Teardrops on My Guitar was also a nominee."
"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT." Tears had begun streaming and I wiped them frantically. Clare Turton, my backup singer patted me.
"It's all your hard work."
"No." I stood up. "It's our hard work. Without you guys, none of this would've come true."

At home, we had spring lamb to eat for this celebration. We clinked glasses and cheered. My mind was swirling with thoughts of becoming a popular singer. 
"Honey," Andrea, my mum called me. I looked up. "Are you going to date soon?"
I set down my glass loudly. "What?"
"Melanie said she saw you and Michael.....kissing."
"Excuse me?" My mouth hung open. Michael was no more than a band member, focusing on his talents with guitar, banjos and others. And he was older than me. "Melanie Nyema? My backup singer and dancer? That Mel?"
Mum nodded. Dad looked concerned. "You couldn't possibly believe that?" Mum opened her mouth but then hesitantly closed it, staring past me. I spun around and Michael Meadows was standing there, stiff, his face flushed. My cheeks warmed, equally embarassed.
"I'm sorry Mr Swift and Taylor-I mean Mrs Swift. Scott, Andrea, you gotta believe us both. We ain't liars." He stuttered, taking a few steps forward.
"I do but is Melanie a liar?" Scott questioned. We shrugged. But I was pissed. Melanie lied? How could she just make up a story like that?
At that moment, Mel entered the dining room- sensed our private discussion- and turned to walk away.
"Not so fast Nyema." I called. She stopped, her shoulders tensing by her last name. Dad put a hand up.
"Melanie, is it true that you saw Taylor and Michael kissing?" He asked.
She whirled around, her cheeks turning crimson red. "Yes-yes I did."
I slammed my palm on the table. Michael dragged out a chair and sank into it expelling a breath.
"I'm sorry, no. I just wanted to see how it was if Taylor got into trouble for this?" She stammered. I drew my brows together angrily.
"Melanie, that's stupid." I said.
"Look guys, you're gonna be a team so work together and Nyema? You better stop this nonsense. Now both of you hug and Mel, apologise to Michael." Andrea advised. I rolled my eyes, dreading to hug the 'fat mouth'. She shyly pulled me and wrapped her arms tightly around me. I felt her go stiff and relaxed.
"Sorry, I-I don't know what went into my head." I frowned and walked away. Not wanting to smile or say a word.

OMG!!!! So happy to post another chapter but this one was like whaaaatttt! I mean a relationship between Taylor and Michael? Anyway..... I'm sitting for an exam next whole week. There's alot to study for and I've been studying my butt off the whole of last month. For a break I decided to post this so show your support by voting and commenting below. Because YOUR VOTE MATTERS. Wish me luck on my exam guys!!👍👍👍👍♡♡♡♡ ^^