I Did Something Bad

I stood staring at the ghastly scene in front of me, clenching my fists until I was sure there were bloody crescents in my palms. Angry tears fell from my eyes as I saw her take the last few staggering breaths and then her chest stopped moving.

I collapsed in my own puddle of tears mixed with Olivia Benson's blood. The Cat Killer was going on a killing spree on Cornelia Street so I'd made sure to leave the doors locked whenever I went out. But he'd got to Olivia. Meredith, however, was lucky enough to claw her way out and escape.

I found Meredith, curled up under the shade, by the doorman, her fur damp from the rain. "Hey, Mer," I quickly picked her up and nestled her under my coat, in my arms. "What are you doing out here?" She purred and her fur stood up, the way it did when cats were frightened. I looked at her perplexed and made my way up to my loft.

I put my key into the keyhole but it was already unlocked. "Who let you out?" I asked Meredith just as I entered apprehensively......Then I screamed.
"WHAT-IS THAT-OH MY GOD OLIVIA." I stammered incoherently as I rushed to put Meredith down in a safe place.

Now, Olivia was dead and Meredith could be next since that psycho knew where I lived. I called my managers in and they took care of the mess. I personally saw to it that Olivia had a proper burial place. I wept and wept, silently vowing to have my revenge.

I noticed that Olivia's teeth were brutally taken out and felt like throwing up. As soon as the burial ended, I returned home. I placed my keys on the dressing table when I spotted something that wasn't there before. It was a silver chain with a cream spiked ball pendant. I examined it just as Meredith rubbed herself against my leg. I bent down to pat her but she hissed at me and backed away.
"Whoa, Mer!" I protested. "What's wrong?"

She spun on her paws and walked away. I furrowed my brows at her then examined the chain again. Where did this come from?

...........................

I called up my managers to look into the Cat Killer and we found him on the camera footage. I decided to stalk him. I put on a black hoodie and face mask and kept the chain in my pocket. I put on my running shoes and asked one of my closest friends to watch Meredith. The locks had been changed after the incident but I didn't feel that much more confident.

I watched the Cat Killer from behind the dumpster. This time he was kneeling over a cat, which was cut open viciously. I gagged but swallowed bile as I sneaked up behind him and raised my knife to stab him. He was busy finishing his 'masterpiece'. With trembling hands, I plunged the knife into his back.

He struggled to get it out of his back but collapsed and bled out. While he still had shallow breaths, I used a pair of pliers and plucked out some of his teeth, anger seething in me. Then I dropped the chain on his chest as a token.

My manager had told me earlier that the spiked ball pendant was actually made of cat's teeth. Olivia's to be exact.

They say I did something bad. But why's it feel so good?

The cats were safe.

It's been forever since I updated here but I've finally had some free time to pay attention to this book. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!