20. Fake weddings and very real kisses

When I said I do, I almost want it to be real. I almost want you for forever. But I also know I can't ask that of you. - Logan. 

~~~

20. Fake weddings and very real kisses

(Logan)

Logan yawned and stretched as he pulled the covers away from him. He had a dazzling smile on his face, which would have even creeped him out of it was any other day as he stared through the windows. 

Today is the day. He thought as he walked inside the bathroom, and he strangely felt like belting out a song or something equally insane. He took a quick shower. He couldn't wait to see her.

When he walked inside the kitchen, he was expecting her, but it was empty, so he checked everywhere and the house was empty. Gone. Gone?

Fear gripped his throat as he searched for Alex, everywhere, including the pool house, but she was not anywhere. His stomach was unsettled as he looked for her and then tried to call her, but her phone rang from inside her room.

Did she go away? Run away from him? Did she make a fool out of him?

The thoughts were like violent burst, one after one, and it made him want to scream and punch and kick something.

It felt like a hit. Directly to his heart. He grabbed his head and sat down with a curse. 

Where the hell was she?

Through the windows, he could see the beautifully decorated garden with the chairs and the archway, with dangling begonias and leaves. Everything looked beautiful, and ready, except his bride. It seemed like she wasn't ready.

He would be standing here, alone and everyone would be looking at him, their eyes with pity and mockery. And the thought of it burned like acid at the base of his stomach.

His tongue felt like cotton and his heart felt like someone was crushing it and pounding on it. Tap. Tap.

Maybe this is for the best, he thought. It was the wrong move from the beginning. And it was no wonder she was finally realizing how much of a risky, stupid move this was.

But how could she just go away without telling him? How could she do that to him?

If she had just told him...

He closed his eyes and he could remember his mother --Barbara-- walking --sneaking-- out of the door, with a suitcase in her hands. He was just behind the couch, hiding and she didn't see him. He was waiting for her to ask him to come out and go with her to grandma's house, but she didn't. She didn't ask him to. She had walked away and two days later, he heard his friend's mom whispering to someone else about how his mother had ran away with someone who was not Logan's dad and when she had looked at little Logan, her eyes was so full of pity.

"Fucking hell." He threw the vase at the wall and watched with satisfaction as it broke into pieces and rained down the carpet with a clink.

"How could you, Alex?" He whispered as he closed his eyes.

"How could I, what? And what the hell are you doing? Is this the time to break things?" The voice. God. .