Chapter 25

Sorry for not updating in awhile stuck with the flu , hope you enjoy this though!!

"I found heaven and hell in people
And those places could never be ignored
Because there are more truths buried deep within us... "

✘✘✘

"So where is he?" My mom asked as we sat outside on the patio.

"He went to do some shopping, I offered to go along but you know, house arrest" I smiled as I would have loved to go with him but I was sure the incident with the cashier was another reason he hadn't wanted me to go.

I wouldn't say Brock was possessive, he was mildly I guess. He wouldn't go insane because he knew that would only anger me, but there was the chauffeur the first time I had come to his house, the few guys when I had bumped into him and kids at the rodeo and of course the cashier.

I guess we never really got out much for there to be more incidents...

"Its weird you know , seeing him like that?" J spoke as he came to join us holding a mug filled with coffee I assumed.

"Like what?" I frowned as I wasn't sure what he meant.

"The concern in his eyes for you, you'll be watching a match and he will be watching you looking for your reaction. I'm used to either seeing the cocky son of a gun backstage or the beast , not this side of him at all."

"He's my boyfriend? He should be" I sighed as I realized how I had let everyone see the parts he didn't like them seeing, the beast at home. The beast who loved me and I hated myself a bit for doing it. Like he had said if he treats everyone the same as he does me then what makes me special.

Not that he has, he just shows a lot of affection with me that they always seem to observe .

He only speaks to them when necessary which is mostly on the property when they are working as Brock was a perfectionist in a way when it came to this place. He wanted to improve it, he had asked me if I wanted anything put in but I had simply said no because I liked the way it was.

"Do you think he'll be ready to settle down soon?" My mom asked causing me to drift away from my thoughts and my eyes focused on her

"What?"

"Nicole. You need to speak with him about this, the last thing we need is another situation like John . You need to know where you stand with him"

This was the last thing I needed now..

"Mom, do you see where I am? I wouldn't be sharing this house with him if I didn't know where I stood with him?"

Brock and I had been through so much just trying to land up in a stable relationship. The last thing I needed was my mom speaking of it when he could come home soon or have JJ hear it and be annoying and bring it up.