Chapter 21: Gorgon's Haven

I wish I can be with you, I wish I can see you

I still love the girl that I used to know

Wherever you are, I’ll find your soul

I’ll find you here, hoping like a fool

Hindi napansin ni Ayden na binabasa na naman niya ang isang tulang matagal na niyang ginawa.

A poem for Nimfa.

His wish really did come true when Cupid told him about Nimfa’s reincarnation. Thanks to his younger sister, Minerva, the ritual they made was indeed successful. After two decades, here he was, standing near the window, waiting for Fate’s return, waiting for his love.  He found her soul at last but why was it that he was not happy about it?

This was what he dreamed of all these years but he felt even emptier after Fate had left him.

Mas masakit pa yata ang nangyaring eksena kanina kaysa sa pamamamaalam ni Nimfa noon. He didn’t want to lose her in his life. Fate meant everything for her.

He tried to read the next stanza of his poem.

Will you ever know my name?

Can I touch your face once again?

Afraid to find out, still dying to know

Whatever happens, I still love you so

He paused for a moment, realizing it was no longer Nimfa on his mind, or even his heart.  Sana naging simple na lang ang lahat para sa kanilang dalawa.

Pero paano ba magiging simple kung ang kanilang katauhan mismo ang nagbibigay komplikasyon sa kanilang buhay?

He was an Atlantean prince, an outcast demigod from their ancient kind.

While Fate was a gorgon heiress who ran for her life all the time for she was the key to the Gorgon’s freedom from their cursed.

 May future pa ba para sa kanilang dalawa kung pareho silang nababalot ng kadiliman sa kani-kanilang nakaraan?

Thinking of it, it was certainly impossible.  However, he wanted to believe for an impossible.

For her.

For his love.

For their future.

It was already 8’o clock in the evening, and there was no sign of Fate. Medyo nag-aalala na si Ayden dahil gabi na at wala pa din si Fate sa mansiyon. Alam naman niyang walang mapupuntahan ‘yun lalo na sa mga nangyari sa condo nito.

Gusto niyang tumawag sa office para hanapin sa data files ng mga employees niya ang contact number ni Sunshine. Siya lang ang alam niyang malalapitan ni Fate lalong lalo na sa mga panahong ito.

Hindi na siya mapakali. Kailangan na niyang mahanap si Fate.

She would be in great danger at this time of hour.

Ayden was started to become worried from her.  Hindi din niya alam kung bakit may kakaiba siyang pakiramdam na para bang may hindi magandang mangyayari.

He had sensed danger and yet there was nothing to be feared of. It was a weird feeling or an extinct as a great warrior or maybe just as a concern lover.