Chapter 13: The Atlantean Prince

All these years, Ayden kept his life a secret to everyone. He never wanted to reveal it. There was nothing special with his past.  Nothing to be proud of.

He only shed tears and sufferings from their people. They never even treated him like a Prince but a slave. Ayden didn’t blame them from their cruelty.  Atlanteans had so much hatred to the Gods who cursed them.

And it happened that his own biological father was a Greek God.

Hades--the Ruler of the Underworld.

Being a Queen’s bastard son, Atlanteans didn’t treat him well. Their hatred towards Olympian Gods made him feel like an outcast. The Atlantean King wanted him to vanish for he was a living disgrace to the royal family.

They never accepted Ayden as one of them.

But his little sister, Minerva still loved him despite of the things they had done to him. She never left him aside from his own mother.

“I wish they can the way I see you.”,  sambit ni Minerva habang pinupunsan ang mga duguan at pasa-pasang mukha ni Ayden. Ganito madalas ang kanyang anyo sa tuwing magkakasalubong sila ng Hari.Pareho silang nagtatago sa isang madilim at sekretong lagusan.

Noon, akala niya, anak din niya kahit naaiba ang kanyang anyo. He had silver eyes, the only Atlantean that had eyes like that. He could manipulate fire which was odd in their element, water.

His siblings hated him and he wanted him to die for having such enormous powers. He could control both fire and water. He could do teleportation if he would want to.

They all envied him even the King himself. He was afraid that Ayden would take over Atlantis.

There was no one left there to love him. But only his lovely sister, Minerva. Even his loving mother couldn’t protect him from her husband’s fury.

I wish to be invisible in their eyes.” He murmured while hissing the pain.

I told you big brother, don’t lose hope.”

He went silent. Even hope for him was impossible. They would never accept him for what he was. That was the cruelty reality… and all he could do was to force to accept it.

When he turned eighteen years old, Hades came to see him and offered him a gift. Instead of asking enormous fortune and fame, Ayden only wished for one thing.

That he could still walk with his bare feet even if he was not in Atlantis.

He was so glad when Hades gave that gift to him.

And there he met Nimfa for the first time while he was walking on a beach away from his home. He could still remember those days even if those memories were already long gone.

Sometimes, in order to face the future was to let go of the past….

………………………

Brother?

Okay…that was something.  At hindi talaga ‘yun ini-expect ni Fate. Halatang nagugulat pa rin sa sinasabi ng sirena na kahit matagal ng nakalangoy sa malayo, hindi pa rin siya nakakahuma.

Minerva was Ayden’s little sister.

Pero bakit hindi sila magkamukha? Bakit iba ang kulay ng mga mata ni Ayden kaysa kay Minerva. Kahit pa mga buntot nila ay iba din.