My name is Three (Chapter Thirteen)

--Vocal recording 66403--Cell 84--

21:48pm

[click]

[pause 45s]

[singing, too quiet to be discerned 17.5s]

[pause 5.5s, voices]

"OK, sure, here we go. I think that... I think... start again."

[pause 19s]

"I can't think straight today. I've not had any sleep for days. Been having Nightmares. Horrible, terrible nightmares."

[pause 8s, voices]

"I don't remember a lot of them. I... only remember how frightening they were... are. I do... I do remember one, though."

[pause 12.5s]

"I'm walking - this is in the dream - I'm walking around a huge old house. Alone. There are... paintings... all around the walls. And photographs. There was... a mirror on the wall. I looked into it... and... I... had... no reflection. It doesn't sound bad, but, well... in the dream... it was terrifying."

[pause 11s]

"Still... only a dream. There's probably a lot worse ahead of me."

[pause 17.5s, voices]

"OK... after Tyburn had shot Zero, I remember Eight... And Two... moving forward. Towards Tyburn. I don't know... what they planned to do..."

[pause 16s]

"But it didn't work."

[pause 13s]

"I was just stood there... I couldn't beleive... what had happened. I couldn't beleive it. Some of... Zero's blood had gone onto me, when he was shot...

and... I remember Twelve..."

[pause 20.5s]

"She'd stopped screaming. Now she was just knelt next to Zero's body... she was biting her fingers so hard that they bled... and... she was making these horrible little mewling noises. Tears were just pouring down her face."

[pause 23.5s]

"And... with Two and Eight... fighting Alecto and Tyburn... I never even saw what happened. One minute they were headed towards them... and the next..."

[pause 11s]

"Two had been distracted by Twelve screaming, so he never had a chance against Tyburn... who was about a foot taller than him anyway. In about three seconds, Tyburn had Two's arm twisted up behind his back, and Two was on his knees. Tyburn kicked him in the back of the head - very hard."

[pause 31s]

"Eight lasted a little longer against Alecto, but not much. I remember hearing this... rushing sound... and then Alecto had a... a sword... held up to Eight's throat... and a gun pointed at me, over Eight's shoulder."

[pause 19s]

"Then... he spoke. To all of us, but... he looked straight at me as he said it. I remember exactly what he said." 

[pause 17s]

He said, "Children. Children and an old man. It's pathetic. I almost feel sorry about Tyburn killing that other one."

[pause 21.5s]

"Twelve whimpered when Zero was mentioned, but I almost didn't hear because Eight was saying to Alecto, "Children? I'm nineteen, you son of a bitch!"

[pause 15s]

"He didn't say any more because Alecto pressed the sword closer to his throat. A little trickle of blood appeared there. It looked so bright red against his skin."

[pause 27.5s]

"For some reason, I had to stop myself from screaming at that moment. I was just... terrified that Eight was going to be killed... although I don't know why. He'd given me no reason... to care about him."

[pause 12s]

"But I still had to stop myself screaming. Alecto... he heard me and said, "Oh no, please; feel free to scream as much as you like. Tyburn would enjoy it."

[pause 23s]

"That just made me determined not to scream. I just managed. Tyburn was staring at me from behind his riot mask. I could feel him staring, almost."

[pause 13.5s]

"At that... at that point, just then... I smelt... smoke."

[pause 16.5s]

"Look... I think I'd like... to sleep for a while. If I go on, this won't make any sense"

[pause 15s, voices]

"Yeah, I suppose."

[click]

                       ***

[click]

[pause 23.5s]

"I actually managed to get properly sleep just now, for a while. First time in days."

[pause 12s]

"OK... yeah, so, I smelt smoke... and I thought I could hear fire crackling, too, somewhere in the building... and I think Alecto did, as well, because he looked down at Eight and said, ever so politely, "What did you do?"

[pause 7.5s]

"Eight didn't say anything. Suddenly, Alecto took the sword away from his throat... and... for some reason... he ran away down the corridor. The Mapmen followed after him."

[pause 23.5s]

"Tyburn stared at me for one more moment, then he looked down at Twelve... laughed at her... at then ran after them." 

[pause 19.5s]

"I looked around at... what had happened. Two was unconscious... Zero was dead, and Twelve was just kneeling there now, staring at his body... I'm not sure she'd even noticed anything that had just happened..."

[pause 17s]

"Eight looked as if he was thinking of following after Alecto and the others, but then seemed to think again about it    

and stayed."

[pause 10.5s]

"Then he looked over at me, and said, "Are you OK, did any of them hurt you?"

[pause 4s]

"I shook my head, didn't say anything. After a while, he... smiled without smiling, like he did, and... reached over... and wiped Zero's blood off from my face..."

[pause 16s]

"Look, I'm really tired again..."

[pause 45s, voices]

[click]

Hope u liked this 1 guys... I loved writing it as always... COMMENT!!

First chapter of new story is gonna b up soon... Nxt week, hopefully.