My Name is Three (chapter 6)

--Vocal recording 66396--Cell 84-

21:47pm

[click]

[pause 7.5s]

"I can hear rain on the roof. Weird, really, most of Eden 28 is underground. I must be on the top floor, right up near the surface. Hard to be sure, though, there's no windows."

[pause 5s]

"I remember once... I ran home through a huge rainstorm. I must have been about four. I remember I got scared, because I thought that the rain was to strong for me, and it'd wash me away... funny, the things you're scared of when you're little, isn't it?"

[pause 15.5s,voices]

"I know, I know. This has nothing to do with anything. I'm still saying it.

[pause 7s,voices]

"Fine. Well, err..."

[pause 34s]

"Yeah, so... Twelve said that... obviously I didn't know yet that she was called Twelve... she said, "let me explain why we burned your house down", and I... I just stared at her for a few minutes, and then..."

[pause 25.5s]

"I hit her."

[pause 21s]

"And... I hit her again, and again, and again. I was so angry. And the, the others that were there... they just stood there watching."

[pause 18.5s]

"And she... she caught my fists in her hands, and pushed me away, and another one of them - Nine, I think - held me back, and I just stood there screaming at her. Not screaming as in shouting, just... screaming."

[pause 24s]

"And then she stood up, and looked at me for a while, and then... when I'd stopped screaming, she just... like nothing had happened, she started talking."

[pause 17.5s]

"Can we stop here, please? I need to think how I'm going to put this"

[click]

***

[click]

[pause 45s]

"It's still raining."

[pause 19s]

"Twelve... I wonder where she is now. Did she get away, or... and what about..."

[pause 29s]

"Oh, Eight. Where are you?"

[pause 13.5s]

"So, anyway, Twelve told me, after I'd calmed down... she said that they... that... she.."

[pause 15.5s]

"OK... Twelve said that my parents had been... used to be part of... the Deus Ex Machina. They were with the others, against the Manuductive. Or at least, they'd said..."

[pause 31s]

"But... they weren't. They were... I guess you could call them spies. Both of them. They were members of the Manuductive Bureau of Classified Information. Or the Bureau of Secrets, as everyone calls it."

[pause 20.5s, voices]

"Yeah, of course I knew. But... they always told me they worked just as clerks for the Bureau. I'd been there hundreds of times with them. But I never knew..."

[pause 33s]

"But the thing is... I'm getting ahead of myself as usual, I didn't find this out 'till later..."

[pause 24s]

"If I hadn't... if my parents hadn't died when they did...

[pause 13s]

"I would've ended up in here a long time ago."

[pause 12.5s, voices]

[click]

Sorry it took so long, everyone! Prt 7 coming soon.