Chapter 17

Hi Guys! I'm sorry it has been quite a long wait for this chapter but here is chapter 17! There will only be 20 chapters total and an epilogue so this is almost over): Enjoy! I'm writing this on my phone so the letter will be in 'these things'.

Chapter 17

Liam's POV

I watched Niall fall to the floor still screaming and Zayn comforting him. I couldn't help the tears that rolled down my face. How could he be so stupid?! Why couldn't he wait to see if there was another heart? He was such a good person. He didn't deserve to die and give his heart to Louis. My tears stopped, and I realized how pissed I was.

"Li are- are you okay?" Zayn choked out.

I stood up and gripped my hair pulling as hard as I could. I screamed as loud as I could. I started to flip the chairs in the waiting room and throw magazines. I lifted a chair and went to throw it before I felt a pair of trembling arms grab ahold of me and the chair. I looked up and saw Niall with tears still falling.

"Liam, you gotta stay strong. Please. For us, for Louis, for Harry. Please Li." I nodded my head and put the chair down. I pulled the blonde lad into a tight hug, clearly seeing how destroyed he was, and he cried into my chest. Was it possible to get Harry back?

"Wait guys, can we get a heart for Harry? What if there's a miracle and someone gives a heart in the next 24 hours ya know?" Both lads stared at me in shock.

"Well it wouldn't hurt asking," Zayn said. I bolted up out of my seat and ran to the doctors office with the boys following closely behind. I knocked on the door rapidly and caught my breath.

"Come in!" The doctor said. I opened the door a bit roughly and it slammed against the wall. I gave an apologetic look which he understood. "Hi guys. Listen I'm sorry about-"

"I know," I cut him off. "We don't care at the moment. Is there any way he can come back? Like get a new heart?" I asked.

"The only way that would happen is if there was a miracle and something happened to someone. I'm really sorry guys. The odds are very unlikely. It would have to be in the next 48 hours too." He told us. I couldn't help but feel some weight lift off my shoulders.

"But it is still possible right?" Niall asked cheering up a bit.

"Yes. It is completely possible. But until that miracle happens, Louis is almost done in surgery. He should be only a half hour longer."

Wow. I can't believe 4 hours already went by. They must have had quite a few surgeons in their working on him. Let's just hope they get Harry a heart.

"Will you let us know if a heart comes in within the next 48 hours please?" Zayn asked.

"Of course! Good luck with Louis." We mumbled our thank you's and made our way back to the waiting room.

"I can't believe there could be a chance Harry could stay alive. Never would I wish this in a million years, but I really hope something happens to someone so we can use their heart," I said to them. They all agreed. Now we just wait.

Louis' POV

"When do you think he's going to wake up Li?"

"I have no idea Niall! He just got out of heart surgery! He's still high on meds."

"Should we wake Zayn up soon? Ya know in case Lou wakes up."

"Nah. Let him sleep. What do we do with Harry's letter? Do we give it to him when he wakes up or should we leave it next to him?"

"Definitely give it to him when he wakes up. It won't be so hard on him then."

Their conversation continued about nonsense after discussing "the letter" leaving me confused.