Chapter 5

Mia's POV:

I woke up that morning to find myself tangled up in Elijah's arms. My back was pressed against his chest, with his arm around my stomach. I smiled and closed my eyes, not wanting to ever move. I felt Elijah breathing on my head, and his grip tightened around my waist.
"Are you awake?" Elijah whispered in my ear. I felt chills go down my spine. His sweet voice sounded through my ear. I felt shivers everywhere, and Elijah probably felt them to, since I was practically laying on him. I didn't want to answer, because I knew that he would let go if I did. I sighed and opened my eyes.
"Yes, I'm awake." I reluctantly said, but Elijah didn't move, until Klaus came bursting in.
"I'm just going out to... sorry, am I interrupting?" He said with a cheeky smile. We quickly broke apart and awkwardly laid next to each other.
"It's alright brother, you weren't interrupting anything." Elijah replied.
"Okay, well Marcel wants to meet up with me, so just in case he's got something planned, don't leave the house love." He said, pointing at me, before leaving our room. I sighed again and rolled over on my side to look at Elijah, and he did the same.
"So, what do you want to do today?" I asked. Elijah thought for a moment before smiling.
"Well, since you've only got those pyjamas and one outfit, which is now ripped from yesterday, how about me, you, Rebekah and Hayley all go shopping?" He suggested. I looked at him confused, slightly cocking one eyebrow at him.
"But Klaus said not to leave the house."
"Well your not aloud to go shopping in New Orleans, but I know a great shopping mall, just outside of Mystic Falls." We both smiled at each other and went to find Rebekah and Hayley to tell them our suggestion.

****

After we had all gotten dressed and were ready to go, we all got into Elijah's car and drove to the shopping mall.

It was huge. Extremely busy. There were three floors and so many shops. The first thing we did was go for a coffee in Starbucks. I had hot chocolate, while everyone else had coffee. I felt happy, for once. I hadn't felt happy in a while, and it was nice to have friends to go shopping with. I left my friends behind to go to Mystic Falls to live with my uncle Alaric when my parents died, but then I found out he was dead as well, I just decided to move to New Orleans. They say that New Orleans is a constant party and it never ends. I needed cheering up, so I thought I'd go there, make new friends and party everyday, but that all went wrong when I found out the town was full of vampire, which activated the hunter side of me.

We all finished our drinks and decided to go to TopShop. Elijah, being the amazing person he was, gave me some money to spend, because I had only one outfit and a T-shirt and shorts for pyjamas, but those belonged to Hayley.
I picked up some nice tops and jeans and went to the changing rooms. I came out wearing black skinny jeans, a white jumper with a skull on it, black DM boots and a white baggy beanie. Elijah looked me up and down and smiled.
"You look beautiful." He said as he walked over to me.
"Why, thank you." I cheerfully said, as I spun around, showing him the whole outfit. Rebekah came over to me and smiled.
"I like your style." She said.
"Thank you darling." I joked, spinning once again. She sighed and looked me in the eyes.
"I like your style, but you know what boys really dig these days?" I cocked an eyebrow at her and she smirked, walking away, but soon returning holding a short, baby blue dress, which was tight fitted from the top down to the waist, then it flowed out. The top half was silky and the bottom was the same, but with some netting over the top. The selves were long, thin and netted. It was a gorgeous dress, but I had my doubts.
"That's amazing, Rebekah, but I'd never be able to pull it off." I explained. She frowned and looked at Elijah.
"What's your opinion?"
"Well, I love the dress..."
"Great. Mia, try it on." Rebekah said, cutting Elijah off. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I walked into the changing rooms.

I walked out feeling very self conscious. Elijah turned around and looked at me, smiling a lot.
"Mia, you look incredible." He said. I returned his smile and thanked him, before Hayley and Rebekah came over to us.
"Wow, Mia. That dress really suits you." Hayley complimented.
"Yeah, you look stunning." Rebekah added.
"Thank you both so much." I replied.
"Well, why don't you do one of your famous spins." Elijah said. I chuckled lightly and spun around, looking down and watching the dress fly up as I did so.

After I had gotten back into my old clothes, I bought both outfits, plus some extra items which I had tried on and we all walked out the shop.
"Oh, I need to go there." I said, pointing at an underwear shop. I literally had no clean underwear, it was disgusting. We all went in, including Elijah, which I found quite awkward. He walked up to me holding a leopard print bra and matching, frilly knickers, with an evil smirk on his face.
"You should get these." He suggested. I playfully slapped his arm and ordered him to put them back. I got everything I needed and we all left the shop.

****

We had been shopping for a good 4 hours now, and I was running out of money, so we decided to go for one more drink at Costa, before leaving. As we walked over to the cafe, I stopped and froze on the spot. Anger built up inside of me. I felt my hole body go tense and I dropped all my bags. Suddenly, I had Elijah right in front of my face asking me what was wrong. I could only get out one word.
"Vampire." I mumbled. My fists clenched up, turning my knuckles white.
"Rebekah, take Mia to the toilets and calm her down. Hayley, come to Costa with me, it's to dangerous for you to go when your pregnant." Rebekah nodded, as Elijah picked up my bags, Rebekah lead me over to the girls room. We got a few weird stares from people, but I didn't care. I just wanted to rip out that monsters heart. I had really bonded with Rebekah that day, so I didn't feel the need to kill her. She told me to close my eyes, count to ten and take deep breaths. It started to work. I relaxed my hole body and hands. My jaw ached a bit from how hard I was clenching my teeth. I soon returned back to my normal self and Rebekah instantly relaxed as well.
"So, what now?" I asked.
"We'll join Hayley and Elijah in Costa." She replied. I began to get angry again, but not as angry as I was before.
"What, you mean let that vampire go?"
"Yes." She simply said.
"So, we're just going to ignore the fact that there's a man eating beast out there?" I argued back. Rebekah looked slightly hurt, and told me to take some more deep breaths.

We walked into Costa and saw Hayley and Elijah at a table for four, so me and Rebekah went to join them.
"Are you alright now?" Elijah asked me sweetly. I smiled and nodded my head.
Once we had finished our drinks, we started heading for the exit door, when Elijah quickly ran off. We were all confused, but he soon returned with a bag.
"A present for you, Mia." He said cheekily with a smirk. I was worried when I saw the name on the bag. It was the name of the underwear shop. I looked inside to see the matching leopard print bra and frilly knickers. I laughed and shoved him lightly, while Hayley and Rebekah looked slightly confused. I didn't want anyone seeing this, so I quickly left the shopping mall first, while the others just followed on behind.

As we drove home, Hayley and Rebekah were chatting none stop in the back, while me and Elijah just sat there, listening, not really knowing what to say to each other.
"Thank you, Elijah, for giving me some money and taking me shopping." I said, breaking the silence between us. He flashed me one of his famous and gorgeous smiles, before looking back at the road.
"It's my pleasure."

___________________

Vote :)

Follow :)

Comment :)