Chapter 2

Elijah's POV:

I was a little shocked at first, but I soon recovered and sat the girl down with me on the other sofa.
"What's your name?" The girl asked.
"I'm Elijah Mikaelson, and you are?" I said, reaching out my hand for her to shake. She gladly did so and smiled.
"My names Mia, Mia Woods." I returned her smile and let go of her hand. Suddenly, I heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs, before seeing my sister in a dressing gown and wet hair.
"What the bloody hell is going on down here?" Rebekah asked. She looked over at Niklaus, then back at me and Mia.
"Who are you and what happened to our brother?"
I saw the rage in Mia's eyes return and I quickly calmed her down. I held onto her cheeks and looked her in the eyes.
"Calm down, just take deep breaths." Mia closed her eyes and took in multiple deep breaths. I stood up and pulled Rebekah out into the corridor. I heard Hayley coming our way, so I pulled her over and whispered to them both, "her name's Mia and she's a vampire hunter, but she's only 18 years old, so go easy on her." I explained. Rebekah sighed and we walked back into the living room. Niklaus suddenly woke up and sat up quickly on the sofa.
"Welcome back." I said. He looked at everyone, then at Mia. He looked furious, so I quickly asked Mia a question to give him a minute to calm down. "So Mia, you're only 18 years old?"
"Yeah, it's really difficult being a hunter, because I'm so young, I can't always control myself." She explained. "I'm so sorry for snapping your neck, I seriously didn't mean to." She apologised to Niklaus. He immediately relaxed and smiled a bit.
"It's alright love. So, that's why Marcel doesn't like you." He said. Mia started to scratch the back of her neck and had guilt written all over her.
"It's not just that." She began. "Two weeks ago, it was my 18th birthday and I went out with some friends, and my family stayed home. My mum was cooking us pizza, but..." tears started to form in her eyes. I put my hand on her back to comfort her, while she continued. "She got tired, so she went to sit down for a minute and ended up falling asleep. When I got home, I saw that the house had burnt down, with my family inside." At this point, tears were streaming down her face. I pulled her closer, rubbing her arm with one hand and holding her hand with the other.
"Where did you live after that?" Hayley asked. Mia sat up and wiped away her tears.
"The police sent me to a place called Mystic Falls to live with my uncle, but when I got there, I realised he was dead."
"Whose your uncle?" Niklaus asked.
"Alaric Saltzman." Mia had calmed down a bit now and wasn't crying so much.
"So, to activate your hunter abilities, don't you have to kill a vampire?" I asked. She looked at me, then down at the floor.
"When I realised Alaric was dead, I came to New Orleans. I was greeted by 13 vampires. They were all night walkers, apart from two. They tried to drink my blood, so I killed one and suddenly became so angry and violent. I killed all 13 of them and have been sleeping in an empty house, but then Marcel found me today and knew I was a hunter the minute I attacked him. Two of his night walkers pined me against a wall while Marcel threatened my with a knife." She stopped and looked up at me and smiled. "But then you saved me." she added, nudging my shoulder. I chuckled a little bit and made eye contact with her for a few seconds, before Niklaus said something.
"My names Niklaus by the way, but you can call me Klaus, and this is Rebekah, our annoying little sister..." Rebekah slapped his arm and continued for him.
"And this is Hayley, she's carrying a miracle baby." Mia looked confused.
"Whose baby?"
"Mine." Niklaus said proudly.
"But I though vampires couldn't have children?" She asked curiously.
"No they can't," I replied, before adding, "but werewolves can."

Mia's POV:

I sat there listening to the Mikaelson's life story for a few minutes, before Klaus' phone started ringing. He pulled out his phone and answered it.
"Hello Marcel, how are things?" He began, as he left the room. I sat there, not really knowing what to do or say. We all say in silence for a few minutes, until Klaus walked back in looking slightly mad. He turned to face me and Elijah.
"That was Marcel, he's asked me to find you, Elijah, and get you to hand over Mia." I looked worriedly at Elijah, while he stayed completely calm.
"I won't let him lay finger on Mia." I relaxed a bit and looked back at Klaus, to see him smirking at me.
"Mia can stay here in the guest room upstairs until it's safe for her to leave." I smiled at him, then noticed Rebekah was standing up looking rather annoyed. "What, so are we turning into a hotel now?" She moaned. Klaus shrugged his shoulders and continued to smirk.
"You never know, maybe having a hunter around could come in handy." Rebekah sighed loudly and left the room with Klaus. I didn't know whether to be grateful or slightly worried.

****

I sat there in bed, just thinking about everything that had happened that day. I started thinking about Elijah.
Why did I not feel the need to kill him? I mean, he's a vampire, like his brother, so why did I attack Klaus and not him? Is it because he saved my life?
Just as I was about to lay down and go to sleep, Elijah walked in and sat down on the bed beside me. I smiled at him an stared into his dark brown eyes, which seemed to glisten in the dark.
"Are you alright? You've had quite a big day." He asked. I let out a little chuckle and Elijah smiled widely.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you, again, for saving me." He nodded his head slightly and whispered, "It's my pleasure." I smiled again and admired him. I loved the fact he was always so calm, gentle and kind. I hadn't felt happy in weeks, but he made me happy. His smile alone made my day.
"Goodnight Mia."
"Goodnight Elijah." I replied. He stood up and walked out of the room, pulling the door with him, so there was still a crack of light shining in. I laid down and smiled to myself, before drifting off to sleep.

___________________

Vote :)

Follow :)

Comment :)