Part 20

"B-But how..."

"Like I said, we didnt use protection. It's natural."

"As one dies, you bring him back with the life in you." I whispered to myself. Kevin's words made sense now! "I...I don't know what to say..."

I wasn't scared. I was excited for the first time in what felt like forever since Kevin passed away. "This is amazing!"  I flung my arms around Jeremy. At the knowledge of this, I'd realised how crap of a partner I'd been lately. I'd treated him as something to simply cling on to in order to keep me going.

"I didn't think you'd be excited." Jeremy admitted.

"How could I not be? I have to tell Kevin. He wants us to have a baby! "

"Uh, Ember?" he placed a hand over my phone as I began to punch a message. I realised what I'd just said. Tears threatened, but I was once again reminded of my treatment toward Jeremy.

"Force of habit...I'll ring Rosie."

He stared at me in puzzlement for a moment, as if he were confused by my sudden non-introverted actions, but then he smiled.

"Hello?" Rosie spoke down the phone.

"I have some news, Rosie, the most amazing news ever."

My cousin paused. I could hear her shocked silence from here. "What is it?"

"Jeremy's been taking me for a load of scans recently, as you know, but he would never tell anyone why. But he's just told me."

"Really? What were they for?"

She sounded excited. I knew she would be one of the people that would be dying to know about this. It was just Rosie.

"Well...I'm pregnant."

"Oh my god! Alex, come here!"

I grinned to myself down the phone and heard Alex's faint 'what?' in the background.

"Ember's down the line. She just told me something."

"Ember?" he echoed. Everyone was surprised by my sudden outbreak.

"Yeah. She just told me that she's pregnant."

"Seriously? Dude, pass me the phone." There was a shuffling. "Congratulations, Ember. That is probably the greatest news I've heard in fucking ages."

"Haha, thanks, Alex."

"My turn." Rosie stole the phone.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"

I looked at Jeremy. He shook his head. "No. And I'd prefer it to be a surprise anyway."

"Oh, Ember! This is amazing. Congratulations! I'll see you around, okay?"

"Thanks, guys. See you soon."

I hung up.

We began calling everyone we knew about it. Most were happy for me, and some were too weirded out at me being happy or about me even being pregnant to speak.

When I was done, Jeremy and I sat together in silence for a while, just enjoying my happy mood curled up on the sofa, until Gabe Barham rang. I picked it up.

"Hey, this is Ember, right?"

"Yes, Gabe."

"Awesome. I rang to say I have some great news. You asked me to not let Sleeping With Sirens fall apart without your brother, right? So in replacement of Kellin, I've found someone else like you requested."