Part 16

This part gets a little crazy. Have fun ;)

-----

Kellin sneered at me. "I'm sick of being pushed around and left in the dirt! You, your band, everyone else, love Ember so much, but you just forget about me! I'm sick of it all. This loser tried to save her."

Another light rose and showed Zack, looking even more devoured than Ember. He looked up and stared helplessly at me, trying to move.

"W-Why have you done this, Kellin?" I whimpered.

"I'm giving them the same amount of pain I've felt over the years," Kellin purred. "I'm so happy I left this pathetic family. They shouldn't have left me behind. I was always the different kid, the reject! It's never changed!"

"K-Kellin, please! Let them g-go and I'll pretend it never happened!" I begged.

"No," Kellin growled.

"You're destroying all that's dear to you. You cannot blame your caring, loving sister for this! Let them go. They have intended no ill feelings toward you." I pleaded.

"Never! They must be killed! It's time for me to be loved!" Kellin spat. I could see the madness taking over him. This wasn't the Kellin I knew; the Kellin I loved. Something must have influenced this...

"Jeremy..." Zack wailed hoarsely. "Help us..."

Kellin laughed for a long time as I stood thinking. How could I untie them both, carry them and get them away before Kellin saw? It was impossible.

All of a sudden, the lights went out and I could no longer see Ember or Zack.

"What have you done?!" I screeched at Kellin, running toward him with my fists flailing. He revealed a gun. I stopped. Kellin sneered.

"That's quite enough of that."

A new voice muttered, stepping out of the shadows behind Kellin. The figure held a gun to Kellin's head.

"You shoot that man, I blow your brains out." the man growled. A single bead of sweat fell down Kellin's forehead, his eyes flashing with a sudden reluctance.

I heard shuffling from where Ember and Zack were, and I turned. The lights came up and they were gone, and I looked in just enough time to see the chair fall over and a figure whisk away.

"I didn't think you had the guts to follow me this far, Vic."

"Because you tricked us into this. We should never had trusted you." A female voice mumbled.

"You're here too, Cheri?" Kellin seemed rather frightened now. The woman, Cheri, sighed at Vic.

"Vic, it's set. They're free." she then looked at me. She was very pretty, her brown eyes shining with desperation. The same colour as my eyes.

Cheri...

"Jeremy, you need to go."

"How do you know my name?"

Cheri hesitated. "I, uh, Ember said it. She asked for you. Go! They need you."

I paused and stared at her and Vic for a second, then turned and ran out.

"No! You won't leave!" Kellin escaped from Vic's grip and Vic dropped his gun by accident.

I ran faster and out of the forest to find Ember and Zack at the edge. Josh and Kevin were stood there, picking Zack up.

"We came for a walk and I found them with that girl. She told me you were coming." Josh explained. I nodded and picked up Ember. I struggled a bit, but this was urgent.

Kellin was hot on our heels. I heard a gunshot and someone in front of me, either Kevin or Josh, stumbled over.

The other person managed on their own. I couldn't make out who had been shot, as both Josh and Kevin had put their hoods up to protect themselves from the light drizzle that had begun pouring from the sky.

I turned, resting Ember down, and saw Kellin poising his gun, just as Cheri came up behind him and shot him in the back. He fell and screamed.

"J...Jeremy? Who's that on the floor?"

Ember was awake. Her pitiful voice caught my attention and I gazed over at the body. I couldn't tell her, but she quickly figured it out.

"It's alright." I told her, stroking her hair out of her face and kissing her bloodied lips.

"K..."

"Shh."

"...evin."

I turned back to look at the man on the ground. Kellin had vanished, obviously having crawled away. I could hear his pitiful sobbing in the.distance. He'd obviously begun to regret what he'd done.

Josh was next to Zack and Kevin, shouting for them both to wake up.

Ember began dragging herself painfully over to them. I didn't stop her. I had to let her.

I walked over to Kevin and Zack. They both bled profusely. I couldn't watch.

I wanted to thank our helpers for what they'd done, but they had gone. The image of the woman, Cheri, was stuck in my mind.

"Jeremy," a voice whispered. I turned around. It was Cheri herself. Speak of the devil.

"Cheri...thank you for saving their lives."

She shook her head. "They're safe now." she looked pained to turn around and walk away. Who was she?

"Wait!" I called. She stopped. "Who are you?"

"I'm Cheri."

"What's your last name?"

Cheri looked at me with those familiar brown eyes I saw every time I looked in the mirror.

"My name is Cheri...McKinnon."

Then it hit me. "You're..."

She nodded. "Yes."

"Then..."

"I'm your sister."