Part 8

"So where are we going?!" Was my eager question as we entered Jeremy's car. He smirked and didn't reply. I pouted. "Pleeeeease tell me, Jerry!"

"Jerry?" He frowned cutely. "That's horrible. It's worse than my real name."

"I'll start calling you Jeremiah again then."

"You dare, missus!"

I giggled and rooted through his CD stack. I picked out For Those Who Have Heart and put it in, cranking the volume up.

"Those losers?" Jeremy scoffed as Fast Forward to 2012 came on. "Why, Ember, I thought I had a girlfriend with good music taste."

"Psh, Captain Sarcastic. Less humour, more driving."

Jeremy simply smirked again and began to drive. It was funny to watch Jeremy listen to this CD. He'd forgotten half the words to most of the songs due to never playing them live.

"I can see someone has a great memory," I teased.

"Hilarious, aren't you?"

"If you're that bad with this CD, how about I slam in And Their Name Was Treason? I bet you wouldn't even know what band it was."

Jeremy gasped and hit my leg lightly. I laughed once more.

"We're here," Jeremy announced after another fifteen minutes of me laughing at my own hilarity. I got out of the car and smiled.

"Jeremy! Golden Coral..."

"Yup. Your favourite."

"You're so awesome!" I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and his arms around his neck, kissing him lovingly. He smiled through the kiss and carried me inside.

My stomach rumbled as I glanced over the menu, and I picked out the pancakes with golden syrup and cream. Yay for being healthy. Jeremy picked the same, though, so I wasn't alone!

I shifted impatiently in my seat until our food arrived. When it did, I ate like a cannibal, and all I could hear was Jeremy giggling at me.

"What?" I asked innocently with a mouth full of pancakes.

"You just..." He giggled more. "You have cream on your nose."

I crossed my eyes inwards and pouted, getting the cream off the tip of my nose with my finger and licking it. Jeremy chuckled and finished his pancakes, his smirk never once leaving his face.

-----

Jeremy and I were as strong as ever for months. We'd never once argued, and we were always surprising each other with gifts and days out. I began to think that the boys were getting jealous. All of them were single, and had never kept a relationship as long as me and Jeremy had. Aww.

Whereas Zack had calmed his feelings down, there was another guy who were making it apparent that he liked me more than a friend - and it was none other than Mr Westfall. I knew he was trying to be discreet about it, but it was Neil. He wasn't good at hiding anything. We're talking about the guy who pooped in a bag and got it all over Josh who ended up running round naked in Vegas.

I awoke in the dim light of mine and Jeremy's bedroom, groaning at the dizziness my sleep-induced state had brought on.

"Morning, sweetheart," Jeremy smiled to me as he entered, finding me awake. I gave him a sleepy smile and he giggled, handing me a coffee. I'd moved into his house last week. I was reluctant at first, unsure that we would last, but we were nearing our one year anniversary date, and I was assured that this was a relationship that was here to stay for at least a good couple of years.

Sipping at my coffee, I glanced up at him again. "We doing anything today?"

"Might be," Jeremy winked.

"Aww, tell me!"

"Nope. It's a surprise."

"It's always a surprise with you!" I threw a pillow at him, giggling, and he yelped. I turned to place my coffee cup on the table and he threw it back at me.

"Surprise," he smirked. I folded my arms indignantly for a moment before forcing myself to my feet.

"I'm gonna have a shower," I announced. Jeremy nodded.

"Can you be ready by 1?" He questioned.

"Sure can," I replied over my shoulder as I made my way into the bathroom and stripped myself free of my clothes.

As I showered quickly, I pondered over what Jeremy could possibly be planning. To me, it seemed he'd done everything - he'd took me to fancy diners, the beach, the cinema, town, and had given me flowers, chocolates, jewellery and pretty much everything. I needed to start living up to his standards. I was afraid he'd get bored of me. After all, he would end up seeing dozens of interesting and pretty girls on tour.

I stepped out of the shower and quickly threw some clothes on, blasting my long, dyed red hair with my hair dryer and straightening it. Jeremy came up behind me as I was putting my make-up on. I smirked and spun around, flicking my mascara brush against his eyelashes. He half screamed and leapt back.

"Nooooo!" He exclaimed, running to the nearest mirror that was as far away from me as possible, grabbing a wipe and wiping it off as I laughed uncontrollably.

"What's wrong, Jerbear? You looked so pretty!"

"No fair, Ember!" Jeremy smirked and ran over, attacking me with the cologne that I hated. I squirmed.

"No! You know I hate that one!" I scrambled to get away and covered myself in the best perfume I had. I heard his laughter ringing across the room. Scowling playfully, I made my way back over and shoved his chest lightly. He pulled me into a massive hug and kissed my head.

"If all our mornings are like this, I wanna be with you forever," he whispered in my ear, leaning down to kiss my neck. I shivered happily and nuzzled against him. "Let's go," he smiled, letting go of me and leading me out to the car before I had a chance to reply.

After half an hour driving, I had all but told myself out loud that this was a different surprise than what he usually planned. Jeremy looked nervous, biting his lip on occasion, then smiling excitedly. On the day we got together, I had thought to myself, 'who knows what could happen?', and that question had never seemed more fitting again until this moment.