Part 9

"We're here," Jeremy announced, pulling up in the parking lot of wherever we were. I had no idea where it was until I got out of the car and looked behind me. A massive arena towered over us.

"I...why are we here?" I questioned, awed.

"Check the date," Jeremy chuckled. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone, gasping.

"December 15th...the day you play that arena!"

"Yup. And because we've almost been together for a year, I'm bringing you with me to watch from behind the stage."

"Aww! You're the best boyfriend ever! Thank you so much!"

I spotted a glint in his eye as he kissed me and took my hand, laughing and leading me inside.

-----

It was time for the gig. A Day to Remember's support act, Pierce the Veil, were currently playing. Kellin had come to watch his boyfriend play. Aww. He looked so proud, like he wanted to run out there and join him.

"You should go, Kellin," I pushed him forward slightly. "The crowd will be so happy. Do they know about you and Vic yet?"

My brother shook his head, his brow furrowing. "I'm afraid they won't accept us."

I tutted. "Kellin. Since when has being accepted been your top priority? Need I remind you of your 'rebellious teenage years'?" I did air quotes with my fingers. "Besides, if you love Vic that much, you wouldn't care. There are plenty of Kellic shippers out there, trust me."

"Kellic?" Kellin's concerned frown was now more of a confused one. "What's that?"

I giggled. "Trust me. If you don't know already, you do NOT wanna know."

"I...well, okay. I'll go," he gulped and ran on stage. Just as I suspected, thousands of Kellin fangirls screamed and cheered. Vic looked completely shocked, but stared at him lovingly as they sang Disasterology together. When they finished up, Kellin put an arm around Vic and turned to the roaring crowd.

"Everybody, I would like you to cheer for my beautiful boyfriend Vic Fuentes."

Among the swarms of reeling and screeching fangirls, there was a collective gasp. Even Vic himself looked dumbfounded. Kellin continued with dignity.

"I know that not everyone will accept us. I know that we live in a society where gays are frowned upon. But guess what!" The crowd fell silent, and Kellin smirked, screaming in his microphone, "I don't give a fuck!"

The crowd responded instantaneously, the screaming even louder than before. I wiped a tear from my eye and smiled wide. Jeremy came over and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"He's brave for doing that in front of all of those people," I admired. "I'm so proud."

"Yeah." Jeremy's smile was nervous. "Me too."

Pierce the Veil left the stage soon after and I hugged both Kellin and Vic tight. They smiled at me, and I grinned back, wordless.

When it was time for A Day to Remember to go on, Jeremy kissed me again and ran onstage to the reams of screaming fans. The rest followed them, but Josh hung back for a moment, smirking at me. "I hope you like surprises," he winked, then jogged after his band mates. I blinked a few times manually.

As they played Fast Forward to 2012, I stood watching next to Andrew.

"They're such a great band. You must be so proud to be their boss," I told him. He smiled broadly.

"Yeah, I am. I never imagined they'd get this big, but some part of me knew. They're different, and that's what makes them so brilliant."

"You're right," I mused, continuing to watch. We chatted some more until I heard You Had Me At Hello start. I giggled a little. This was my favourite song.

As Jeremy spoke the next few words, I realised why had Josh said what he did.

"I'd like to invite my beautiful girlfriend onstage to sing this song with me."

I blushed bright crimson as I stepped out. The crowd seemed to go 'aww' as they saw my nervousness. Kevin handed me a microphone and I gazed over the crowd of over 3,000 people. Neil and Kevin strummed away on their acoustic guitars as Jeremy began to sing. I took a few deep breaths, and at the the second verse, I sang.

The fans reacted more perfectly than I could have asked for. Their voices twined with thousands of others, creating a beautiful harmony. I wasn't very vain, but when Jeremy sang with me at the chorus, he and I together were the perfect cadence. I noticed a lot of camera flashes as the song came close to its end, but I didn't care for that detail. This was an amazing opportunity all of these fans could only dream of, and I was living those dreams. I thought of the fangirls, and the fact that there may have been a little fifteen year old girl stood amongst all those other fans. She might claim that the band had saved her life and that she had been a fan for many years, and she couldn't sleep without a picture of Jeremy next to her bed. I was betting she was totally jealous of me right now, if she existed.

You Had Me At Hello met its end and I knew it was the last song from reading the set list earlier. The fans continued to scream, even louder now, as they sensed that this was the end. I was a little sad that the set was over, but this was not the end, not in the slightest. Jeremy had one other surprise up his sleeve.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my faithful fans, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Ember Quinn," he began.

I turned to Jeremy, wondering what he was doing. This couldn't be a confession like Kellin's, as the fans knew long ago that Jeremy had a girlfriend. He shot me a sideways smirk.

"Hopefully...She won't be that for much longer."

I froze, and the crowd's chatter descended into silence. Was Jeremy splitting up with me? Right there, onstage? Was he really that cruel?

No. Far from it.

Jeremy walked over to me slowly and got down on one knee. He held up a box with a platinum ring inside.

"Ember Light Quinn, will you marry me?"