Chapter 12

Lucas's P.O.V

We pulled up at the school and got out of the car.

"I'll see you guys later." Evan said as he walked to his classroom.

"Okay." Coach said walking towards the locker room with me trailing behind him.

We walked in the locker room and went straight to the field.

Everyone was outside playing touch football.

"Luke, you can stay on the side lines with me, or you can go sit in the bleachers. Which ever one suites you." He said turning around.

"I'll stay in the bleachers." I said going towards the bleachers.

I sat down in the bleachers watching the team run a few drills until I started getting sleepy, so I laid down on the concrete bleachers and went to sleep.

Kyle's P.O.V

As we were running our laps I looked over in the bleachers to see a sleeping Lucas.

I smiled at that.

"What are you smiling about?"

I looked beside me to see Chase.

I nodded my head where Luke was sleeping in the bleachers.

"He's so peaceful when he's sleeping."

I nodded in agreement.

"You would think that there was nothing wrong in his life. Like he didn't have problems with his brother." I said.

"Mhm." He hummed in agreement.

***

"Okay we're going to do an exercise. All you have to do is a lap. Sounds easy enough right, wrong." Coach said with a smirk.

Uh oh. This can't be good.

"You will be carrying a weight. More like a person."

We all have him a 'have you lost your mind look'.

"But the thing is this person is sleeping. So you will have to be as gentle as possible. This person is Lucas."

There were a few people with their mouths hanging open while others stared at him in confusion.

"As you all know Lucas has a fractured wrist, but a mild concussion. Follow me." He said as he walked to the bleachers where Lucas was.

We followed him to the bleachers and stopped at the bottom of the bleachers.

We all looked at his peaceful sleeping face as we waited for Coach to finish what he was saying.

"Like I said Lucas, is asleep so don't be in hurry, but remeber the whole team has to carry him around the track. If he wakes up then all of you have 200 laps that you WILL do if you want to be in this team. This is a team effort. We win as a team. We loose as a team. We fight as a team. We finish as a team."

We said 'yes sir'

"Now are you ready."

There were a course of 'yes sirs'.

"Alright then let the challenge begin."

***

We decided to go in the order of freshman, sophmore, junior, and then seniors. We started off by letting the youngest guy on the team go first.

We were surprisingly doing good. We were currently with the last junior.

He passed Lucas to a senior and sat down.