Chapter 9

Lucas's P.O.V

Right now I am reading a book to occupy my time. Yes, my head was killing me but the book was so good I didn't even care.

I was reading the book Gentle Ben and so far I was not holding up good.

I was in tears as I read the part about how his older brother died.

I was balling my eyes out. I decided to press the button and saw a nurse come in.

"What's wrong honey, why are you crying?"

I couldn't even get the words out. So I just pointed to the book.

"Hey, I know this book."

She picked up the book and read the page I just read.

She looked at me and frowned.

"Now I know why you're crying."

"My hand hurts." I said in between sobs.

"Oh. Hold on let me get your pain meds." She said as she walked out of my room.

The door opened to see a frowning Tyler.

I made grabby hands at him, and he got in the bed with me.

I started to calm down but I was silently crying in his shoulder.

The nurse came in and put my medicine through a tube.

"I also gave him some sleeping medicine, for him to relax."

With that said I went to sleep in Tyler's arms.

Tyler's P.O.V

As Luke fell asleep in my arms I looked at the nurse confused.

She noticed my confusion and picked up a book and gave it to me.

"Read that page." She simply told me before leaving the room.

I read the page and realized why he was crying. I sighed.

Him reading the book made him think about his relationship with Michael.

I wish his stupid brother would have seen how bad he was hurting Lucas mentally and physically. But he was to focused on hating Lucas because his mom died during child birth.

Lucas has went through a lot. His brother hates him. He has a concussion and a fractured wrist, Michael and Jacob aren't talking to each other and on top of all of that, he thinks all of it is his fault.

Lucas is like a little brother to me, and to see him being broken is heartbreaking.

I've seen Lucas's high points, his low points, and his very very low points.

And let me tell you his low points are pretty.

But his high points are the most beautiful moments. He's like that bundle of sunshine that will cheer you up even when your at your very worst.

I'll never forget what he did for one of the football players his freshman year.

*Flashback* *third person P.O.V*

Lucas walked in the locker room looking for something for Coach when he saw one of the players crying.

He slowly walked around the corner and saw him.

"Hey man you okay." He said.

The boy looked up at him with puffy eyes.

Lucas looked at his shirt and noticed a red stain and frowned.