Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I checked my watch for the fifth time tonight. 9:06. She told me to meet her at Palio, an Italian restaurant, at exactly nine o' clock. Where the hell is Annabelle? I don't want to think she stood me up, but that's what the odds are pointing too. I have to remember it's Annabelle I am dealing with. That same bitch that went behind ypur back and fucked Kenny. If shes's capable of committing such betrayal then she is capable of doing anything to me.

But. This is still the same Annabelle that I fell in love with. I loved her then and probably still do now. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of her lovely face from time to time. Or her angelic voice that would brighten my day every time she would laugh or utter a few words. Or those big emerald green eyes that would shine with so much love in them. Her gaze would pull me and swallow me whole causing me to get lost. I loved the lustful stare she would give me whenever i came home from a hard day at work.

That is why I decided to attend this dinner invitation tonight. I need my answers to my countless questions and more importantly, I need to see if what she did was truly an honest mistake or she just can't be trusted.

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into an hour and still no damn sign of Annabelle. I let out a disappointed sigh and wave the waiter over.

"Still no sign of your date, sir?" I meekly nodded. "I'm sorry to here that sir. Well here are two to-go boxes. I'll be right back with your change."

"Keep it," I muttered as I started to put the food away. This is quite embarrassing, being stood up is never a good feeling.

Stunned the waiter asked, "are you sure?"

"Yes, you deserve it. You've been a good waiter tonight."

A wide toothy grin spread across his face acne ridden face. "Thank you so much sir! This means alot." I simply nodded and grabbed my boxes heading towards the exit. The cool night breeze blew against heated my face, causing my hair to tousle as I strolled towards my midnight black Hummer. I couldn't help but feel angry mixed with a bit of sadness. I don't know why I expected much from her. Here I was trying to give the bitch a chance to explain herself and she doesn't even show up. The nerve of some people.

"Liam, Liam wait please!" Speak of the devil, I'm starting to think that everytime I think of her she's going to pop up. Annabelle is jogging across the street towards me. I slammed my door shut just as she reaches my truck.

"Wait," she said while struggling to catch her breath.

"Move away from my truck, Annabelle. I have places to be."

"No, no. Let me explain. Please," she begged. I dug around in my pocket for a lighter, desperately needing to inhale the toxic yet addictive tobacco smoke.

"You have thirty seconds." Blowing a white cloud of smoke just above her head, I waited for her to give me an bullshit explanation.

"While I was trying to leave and come meet you, Kenny stopped me a demanded where I was going. Long story short we got into a massive argument." She muttered the last part probably hoping I didn't hear her, but I did. I studied her dishelveled apperance; her cheeks are a rosy pink color possibly from being out in the cold. Her once small lips are red and swollen as if someone has hit her there a couple of times. I won't even talk about the clothing she has on, my guess is those are Kenny's clothes. 

"He did this to you," I stated instead of asking because I already knew the answer. She lowered her head in shame but decided not to answer. I rubbed my chin thoughtfully for a moment before sighing loudly. "Get in." Her head snapped up with confusion written all over her face obviously baffaled at my sudden request. I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on keeping my attitude aloof. "I don't have all night. You've already wasted enough of my time, I suggest you get in before I leave without you." Annabelle immediately scurried to the passenger side. Once her seatbelt was securely on, I pealed out of Palio's parking lot.